Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a bit confused. I just went to update to 2022.8.3 and my 2022 M3LR tells me this:

51997866819_c831bf4678.jpg

What am I missing?
I may be telling you something you already know, so apologies if I am, but it looks like the update hasn't been made available to your car yet. Everyone doesn't get updates at the same time.

One thing you can do to get updates more quickly is to switch your Software Update Preference to "Advanced".

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll be patient. I’m used to the Apple ecosystem where updates get rolled out and available to everyone at once. I wonder why Tesla can’t manage that. Also, the cryptic nature of “Your car software is up to date…” is needlessly confusing when your car software clearly isn’t. “Update to ver 11 2022.8.3 pending…” would sure clarify things. But again, thanks for setting me straight!

Last edited:
Reactions: ajstan
Couple data points: With 8.3 I'm now getting incorrect interior temps. 43F outside, shows 91F inside.

Cloudy day, no way is the temp over maybe 50-55, confirmed by getting in.

Saw this bug show up for others at some point.

Also, maps have the big black areas in the parks and reservations. NBD, just a mess.

Kinda f----ed that they're breaking so much at the same time they're fixing old things they broke before.

I don't mind v11 at all, just wish it worked. was on 2021.44.6 up to last week, and cabin temps worked fine.

Noobie question, considering I haven't picked up my car yet. Being a retired technician I always like to be on the cutting edge, ie. updates. It seems Tesla has a way of using their customer base as a mobile lab. What do you think, if anything may have been avoided if you had kept the updates in Standard mode instead of Advanced mode? Appreciate your patience with my question.

Noobie question, considering I haven't picked up my car yet. Being a retired technician I always like to be on the cutting edge, ie. updates. It seems Tesla has a way of using their customer base as a mobile lab. What do you think, if anything may have been avoided if you had kept the updates in Standard mode instead of Advanced mode? Appreciate your patience with my question.
Not much. I see little difference between the modes. If Tesla really wants to push an update due to a recall, they just push it to your car. Advanced/Standard both seem to take forever to send you updates.

You can choose not to install it, by ignoring the nags. I did that from mid December until last week, and avoided losing seat heater and defrost controls, and potentially an issue with the heat pump, until last week. Glad I did, now it seems like the remaining bugs to be worked out are actually pretty minor.

Would have stuck with the old v10 longer, but the family banned me from using AP on road trips, car would slow down so often, so I bit the bullet after hearing good reports on the newer versions.

After you get some time with the car, you'll have a sense of how everything works, and be able to look at release notes and see if the updates make sense to you. If they are changes you want to try, or don't care, go for it. If you're like me, and don't want major stuff to break, you can wait a couple weeks and see if any serious issues come up that you want to avoid, or actually get fixed.

I always wait about a month to install ios updates on my iphone too, I'm just pretty cautious. Has worked well to avoid a lot of bugs over the years.

I have mine in advanced doesn't seem to matter I'm still waiting a week or two after release and I want the next update.

Reactions: DerbyCityY