Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 following distance setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is less then one month old. I traded in for Model 3 which allowed me to change autopilot following distance using right scroll wheel. My new car doesn’t do that, I can change it through touchscreen only.

Is this software or a hardware problem?

Compared to all prior Model S/X, the Palladium (a.k.a. "refresh") S/X has software that is lacking in features and appears unfinished. My 7-year old Model S has more functionally complete software than my brand new Model X.

If you're coming from a 3/Y you might not realize it to the same extent, mostly because those cars don't have an instrument cluster display.

We can only hope that we'll eventually get feature parity with the prior generation cars. Someone needs to tweet at Elon and ask why the software for the flagship model Teslas is regressing in functionality and when they'll have equivalent functionality to the older cars.

Bruce.

Reactions: Missile Toad
Compared to all prior Model S/X, the Palladium (a.k.a. "refresh") S/X has software that is lacking in features and appears unfinished. My 7-year old Model S has more functionally complete software than my brand new Model X.

If you're coming from a 3/Y you might not realize it to the same extent, mostly because those cars don't have an instrument cluster display.

We can only hope that we'll eventually get feature parity with the prior generation cars. Someone needs to tweet at Elon and ask why the software for the flagship model Teslas is regressing in functionality and when they'll have equivalent functionality to the older cars.

Bruce.
Ok, so everyone’s refresh X/S also lacks this feature? Not a hardware issue with my car? I need to know because I have upcoming service for some other small things.

I’ve been driving my UK Model Y since Feb 2022 and all was good until the Autopilot distance setting, since the last update, now only goes down to the number 2 setting.
I’m regularly getting other vehicles undertaking me on the motorway as they think I’m leaving a big gap in front.
It was so bad today that I’ve ended up not using autopilot at all. It’s ridiculous and a longer distance from the usual German brands minimum setting for this feature.
Does anyone know of this will revert or if it’s a mistake?

I’ve been driving my UK Model Y since Feb 2022 and all was good until the Autopilot distance setting, since the last update, now only goes down to the number 2 setting.
I’m regularly getting other vehicles undertaking me on the motorway as they think I’m leaving a big gap in front.
It was so bad today that I’ve ended up not using autopilot at all. It’s ridiculous and a longer distance from the usual German brands minimum setting for this feature.
Does anyone know of this will revert or if it’s a mistake?
I would not expect that to change. the minimum separation distance increased with Tesla Vision, according to the release notes. The big gap in front is intentional, precisely to allow folks to squeeze in. I drive that way anyway, usually set on 4, sometimes higher.

I noticed that the right scroll wheel has limited functionality on my new X. I had to come here to see if that is normal. Such simple functionality. I still can’t believe we can’t hit the middle of the yoke for the dam horn!