Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Holiday update - interior camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Earlier today I updated to the holiday update (2022.44.25.1).

I noticed that I can’t view the interior camera via Sentry mode or dog mode. Also if I try the zoom app and try to enable the camera, the zoom app displays an error saying it can’t find the camera.

I recently had Tesla install a windshield so I thought maybe the interior camera could have come disconnected if they removed the rear view mirror. However, I checked it and all the connections are in place.

I’ve put in a service request but was wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.

Here are some photos. The first is the Zoom app. The second is sentry mode after switching from rear camera to interior camera. I see the interior temperature overlay but not the actual video feed.

74970806-6A01-4912-B176-9D387AC6C624.jpeg

B735435A-6427-4131-A9C8-749086415A70.png

rumor has it hardware 3.0 (new computer) is needed for dog mode interior cam. i have 2.5 hardware and do not see the interior cam when running dog mode. have 2022.44.25.2 in car and 4.16.0-1522 on app (iphone 11)

i think this is where Tesla will make their money (like Apple). "u want that fancy new awesome feature? u gots to upgrade the hardware"

bummer. seems this should not require the FSD computer...but what do i know.

love dog mode. this would be really nice to monitor. alas.

Reactions: AlasCon
rumor has it hardware 3.0 (new computer) is needed for dog mode interior cam. i have 2.5 hardware and do not see the interior cam when running dog mode. have 2022.44.25.2 in car and 4.16.0-1522 on app (iphone 11)

i think this is where Tesla will make their money (like Apple). "u want that fancy new awesome feature? u gots to upgrade the hardware"

bummer. seems this should not require the FSD computer...but what do i know.

love dog mode. this would be really nice to monitor. alas.
Same issue here, just got the Holiday Update and have been pining forever for Dog Mode internal camera access in my 2019 M3, HW2.5. The release notes do not specify needing HW3 but the NotATeslaApp site in showing the release note has a HW3 symbol under this Dog Mode update. That would really suck...

I’m pretty sure there’s a problem with my interior camera. Going into service mode I see the following…

Tesla service has texted me and didn’t say anything about hardware 3.0 requirement.

View attachment 887022
All MY's have HW3. It was deployed starting in March 2019 for all new cars. Easy way to tell id if your car can see the orange construction cones, you have HW3.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
I have HW3?

i (sorry, the car) can see the orange construction cones when going thru construction zones. I've never physically replaced the HW2.5 computer since day one Oct 2018.

hmmmmm. interesting. last i checked i thought the app showed specs. but now that part of the app doesn't tell me HW2.5. i dunno.

I have HW3?

i (sorry, the car) can see the orange construction cones when going thru construction zones. I've never physically replaced the HW2.5 computer since day one Oct 2018.

hmmmmm. interesting. last i checked i thought the app showed specs. but now that part of the app doesn't tell me HW2.5. i dunno.
My comment was specifically related to the MY since that's the forum we are in....

I have the same issue on HW2.5. The interior camera does not work in Dog Mode on the app. Does anyone have HW2.5 and have this feature working?
I have HW 2.5 but when I click the Live view camera in Dog mode it only displays the front facing camera.

Attachments

• 7568F8D4-87C6-47B7-A344-FC3EC2D3B010.jpeg
    7568F8D4-87C6-47B7-A344-FC3EC2D3B010.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 043B6F4C-89CC-4D46-BDF9-BEB5AD1E456B.png
    043B6F4C-89CC-4D46-BDF9-BEB5AD1E456B.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 52
I've wanted the Dog Mode Internal Camera feature desperately, and have HW2.5. I had read this and other forums with mixed info whether this needs HW3 or not. I contacted Tesla Support and after a month and a half of communicating, sending App screenshots, doing resets and what have you, they stated it should work with 2.5 and I needed to make a Service appointment. Did that, got a Mobile appointment set up but in the lead-up describing my issue, they came back the day before the appointment stating that this DOES need HW3, and apologized for their internal confusion. So now I have an appointment at the Service Center to get HW3 installed, estimated $1k they said... but that's not black on white yet. SO: if you want this feature to keep an eye on doggo in the car, yes you will need HW3.

• Helpful
Reactions: finman100
Update on my quest to upgrade from HW2.5 to HW3 so I can have the internal camera on with Dog Mode. Brought my M3 into the Service Center on Thursday 3/2 and they thought, oh, a few hours but could be all day. OK. Turned into the next day, and then they found there were firmware issues with my existing HW2.5 that should have been taken care of before installing HW3, and they need to engage an Engineer to override stuff and get permissions and what have you. In short: my car is still in the shop, and expected completion is now end of Tuesday 3/7. So, assuming that happens indeed, it will have been a 6 day process. I have to say the Service Center folks are really nice, and got me a loaner on Friday 3/3 when things went beyond expectations. Man that doggo better be grateful! But - I doubt it; he'll probably be visibly moping in the car just to make us feel bad about spending a thousand bucks so we can do this to him! Will keep ya posted...

Update on my quest to upgrade from HW2.5 to HW3 so I can have the internal camera on with Dog Mode. Brought my M3 into the Service Center on Thursday 3/2 and they thought, oh, a few hours but could be all day. OK. Turned into the next day, and then they found there were firmware issues with my existing HW2.5 that should have been taken care of before installing HW3, and they need to engage an Engineer to override stuff and get permissions and what have you. In short: my car is still in the shop, and expected completion is now end of Tuesday 3/7. So, assuming that happens indeed, it will have been a 6 day process. I have to say the Service Center folks are really nice, and got me a loaner on Friday 3/3 when things went beyond expectations. Man that doggo better be grateful! But - I doubt it; he'll probably be visibly moping in the car just to make us feel bad about spending a thousand bucks so we can do this to him! Will keep ya posted...
The things we do for our dogs, amirite?