Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 LFP battery on Low SOC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's recommendation of charging an LFP-based Model 3 to 100% and improved battery degradation in LFP batteries were the reasons why we changed our order from a LR to RWD. We own a pre-raven 2019 Model S that went from 335 miles to around 315 miles when fully charged, so I'm currently getting around 255 miles at 80% SOC.

I'd be curious to know if driving an LFP-based model 3 during low SOC affects battery degradation and/or driving dynamics to a greater extent over the Model 3's equipped with the NCA battery pack. Other than being a little slower, I don't notice much of a difference when driving the S during low SOC granted I hardly let the SOC drop below 20%.

I did a bit of research on this as I was torn on RWD and RWD M3. The LFP will do better at a lower SOC than the NCA. However, you must consider the LR NCA will likely be at a higher SOC on average than the LFP pack. IMO, looking at the price differences both are compelling purchases. You can get great longevity out of the NCA pack it would just require more effort. The LFP pack offers ease of use and great longevity. The LR NCA offers the greatest flexibility. You can charge it to provide range, longevity, or activate AB for performance.

Reactions: tm1v2
Delivered yesterday. Got the LFP and do not regret my decision. But I’m not a big fan of the aero wheels.
6191DC30-3EB6-4693-9361-C0896F8630D4.jpeg

Reactions: tm1v2