Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 LR Homelink Button blocking reverse cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

Sorry I couldn’t find anything in the searches about this particular subject. Is there a way to set up the home link button so when it pops up, it doesn’t block the cameras? I do not want to use the auto open or close because I’m always paranoid about my garage door being left open so I rather push the button myself. Please see the picture below, it’s pretty annoying that it pop ups when I’m trying to reverse out of my garage while my side mirrors are folded. If there’s a way to make the button smaller and off to the unused side of the screen it would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• EF3D5BE5-6ADD-4887-AA84-D2A0C8132583.jpeg
    EF3D5BE5-6ADD-4887-AA84-D2A0C8132583.jpeg
    364.1 KB · Views: 132
I’ve done that and was hoping there’s another way, because once I back out of my garage I’ve got to click through the car menu to close my garage. First world problems lol
I have the same problem. I wish they would make that much smaller. It doesn't need to be so giant.

I'm always a bit hesitant to swipe it down because it will open the door (if I'm parked in front of the house...and the alarm is on). Door opens...alarm goes off. No delay! Eek!

Reactions: flexnraptor
Have you tried the auto open/close of garage door, via HomeLink? I have it set to open/close based on distance, and have not had the need to use the button on the screen. Helps if I ever need to swipe that button down, to see the camera view.