Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 m3 awd LR front trunk sensor, won’t go over 15 mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 model 3 which was delivered at the end of May started to report a front trunk sensor error about 3 days ago. If I lock the car, the alarm sounds after about 10-15 notifications about the sensor. It also won’t let me set the cruise control or lane keeping feature. Two days ago, the car gave a parking brake degradation notification. I was able to drive the car until day 4 it now will only drive 15 mph. I have an appointment for service in two days but am 25 miles from the repair shop and at 15 mph a tow is likely. In the meantime is there anyway to “silence” these issues so I can drive the car at full speed?

I haven’t picked up the car yet but they said it’s ready. The paperwork says they replaced the hood latch. Unfortunately the app shows the hood opened when it showed it closed earlier. I’m thinking it’s not fixed yet.

Attachments

• B0C0A779-AB8A-40EB-A449-B74304E164A6.jpeg
    B0C0A779-AB8A-40EB-A449-B74304E164A6.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 15FFDA6C-F4B1-445C-BE1B-A10C021CB3A5.jpeg
    15FFDA6C-F4B1-445C-BE1B-A10C021CB3A5.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: XPsionic
Upvote 0
I haven’t picked up the car yet but they said it’s ready. The paperwork says they replaced the hood latch. Unfortunately the app shows the hood opened when it showed it closed earlier. I’m thinking it’s not fixed yet.
Did you tell them about the parking brake error also? It could be a harness problem instead of directly the hood latch being the issue.

Reactions: jeffhalp
Upvote 0
Let us know what the issue/corrective action taken. Too many threads are left hanging to float off into the ether.
I got the car back today, they said there was corrosion on the harness connector to the hood latch sensor. They replaced the latch assembly and wiring harness. The hood is much easier to close now. The only concern I have is they are not sure what caused the corrosion. Compliments to the staff at the service center. They were very professional and kept me informed.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0