Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3 LR Windshield Crack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've heard of door windows just randomly shattering while driving or parked, has anyone heard of any issues like that with the windshield?

We just purchased our 2022 LR M3 and literally not even an hour after pulling out of the dealer parking lot, no cars around, going over a small bump my windshield just cracked from the edge, midway up on the driver side, about 10 in long....wth? Warranty?

Attachments

• 20211218_040818.jpg
    20211218_040818.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 166
if there are no impact points you could possibly claim warranty since you literally just got the car. Can't say I've seen many threads about stress cracked windshields here.
Got an appointment after new years.... Good thing Florida statue prevents insurance companies from applying the deductible to glass repair/replacement. Either way it looks like a free repair...at this point.

Reactions: mdsco and XPsionic
If there is no chip evident in the crack, you may be able to get it covered under warranty as a stress crack. But as mentioned, haven't heard of windshields failing from stress cracks, it seems to happen mainly on the rear window.

That's lucky, I've never lived in a place with zero deductible for glass!
Yup, just called progressive to verify, definitely made me happy! For those that are interested and who live in Florida:

Florida Statues

627.7288 Comprehensive coverage; deductible not to apply to motor vehicle glass.—The deductible provisions of any policy of motor vehicle insurance, delivered or issued in this state by an authorized insurer, providing
Comprehensive coverage or combined additional coverage shall not be applicable to damage to the windshield of any motor vehicle covered under such policy.

This includes repair or replacements.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Yup, just called progressive to verify, definitely made me happy! For those that are interested and who live in Florida:

Florida Statues

627.7288 Comprehensive coverage; deductible not to apply to motor vehicle glass.—The deductible provisions of any policy of motor vehicle insurance, delivered or issued in this state by an authorized insurer, providing
Comprehensive coverage or combined additional coverage shall not be applicable to damage to the windshield of any motor vehicle covered under such policy.

This includes repair or replacements.
The coverage isn't going to be "free" so to speak. Gauranteed, insurance companies have adjusted their rates to account for the Florida code. Insurance companies will find a way to pass the cost off to the consumer somehow. I'd go the direction of warranty with Tesla before insurance first.