Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3 LR Winter Tire Rims Steel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Looking to get some winter tires for my M3 but I need to get some rims first. Looking into steel rims because... winter....

I have these in mind. They have the right bolt pattern (5x114.3) for the hub and the bore size is the same. The diameter matches what I'm looking for (an 18" tire).

They have a 7.5" rim width, which I think is the minimum for a 235/45R18 tire that I'm targeting to buy. Will that be okay? I've seen people run these tires on 7.5" rims, so I guess it'd be alright.

Also, the offset is 42mm instead of 40mm, is that okay?

If anyone has any ideas on where I can get these rims locally (Toronto area) and/or cheaper, I'm open to hear them

Hey guys,

Looking to get some winter tires for my M3 but I need to get some rims first. Looking into steel rims because... winter....

I have these in mind. They have the right bolt pattern (5x114.3) for the hub and the bore size is the same. The diameter matches what I'm looking for (an 18" tire).

They have a 7.5" rim width, which I think is the minimum for a 235/45R18 tire that I'm targeting to buy. Will that be okay? I've seen people run these tires on 7.5" rims, so I guess it'd be alright.

Also, the offset is 42mm instead of 40mm, is that okay?

If anyone has any ideas on where I can get these rims locally (Toronto area) and/or cheaper, I'm open to hear them
I just bought a 2019 M3 which came with winter tires but the previous owner just had the summers peeled off in the late fall and had winters put on the same rims. I was hoping to find some (relatively) cheap rims so I could leave both sets on rims. However, the prices of "Tesla" winter packages is unbelievable! The biggest issue I've come across is the M14 lug bolts on the Tesla. Most of the other rims I've found might have the same bolt pattern (5x114.3) and offset (@ 40) but with smaller holes made for M12 bolts. That 2 mm difference in offset that you're asking about won't be the factor that makes the difference; it'll be the lug size.