Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3 RWD vs. M3P Worth the $ Diff?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is flatly untrue, as confirmed by tons of folks doing measured 0-60 runs in both modes.

Repeated WOT tests in chill producing a 0-60 around 7 seconds. Sport mode produces 0-60s in the 3s.
Chill mode with its high-6/low-7 time is still significantly faster 0-60 than many of the buckets of feces I drove in the late 80s and early 90s. It's probably pretty close to the performance of current 1.5L small SUVs.

Sport mode scares passengers, and is too much for novice drivers. My wife argues it's too much for anyone, LOL. It would be nice to have a "middle ground" roughly equivalent to LR performance - similar to the P85/P85D with Chill, Sport and Insane.

Last edited:
There, this low 7s 0-60 confirms my statement that chill mode limits to 200hp. Using a 0-60 calculator like the one at (0-60 mph Calculator for Cars | Calculate Estimated 0-60 Times), you get:
1656430562299.png

Looking up dyno graphs will show the same.

Unless the driver stomps on the accelerator all the way down, I find it very well mapped, at least on a LR AWD + Boost. It's extremely driveable, possible to go VERY slow if you want. Yes, a driver that uses that pedal as an ON/OFF switch, if might be harsh...