Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3LR Autopilot, no FSD - do i have autopark? [no]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I’m confused. The M3s built in 2016-2019 *had* Autopark, but new ones don’t? My car just sits there and stares at me when I double click the “P” button. Am I stupid, or does my brand-freaking-new, nearly $55k Wünderwagen actually *not* come with Autopark unless I pay Howard Hughes, Jr. another $12k? Seriously? Same with Autopilot and lane change assist with the blinkers?

I guess I’m confused. The M3s built in 2016-2019 *had* Autopark, but new ones don’t? My car just sits there and stares at me when I double click the “P” button. Am I stupid, or does my brand-freaking-new, nearly $55k Wünderwagen actually *not* come with Autopark unless I pay Howard Hughes, Jr. another $12k? Seriously? Same with Autopilot and lane change assist with the blinkers?
You certainly do seem confused.

Did you phone tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: mangrove79
Correct. If you don't pay for FSD none of those features works.

No, the model 3s built 2017-2019 did not have "autopark" without Enhanced autopilot, or FSD option. There were no model 3s in 2016, and model 3s did not ' COME WITH" anything during that time at all. Enhanced autopilot was a 5k option, and FSD was a 3k option on top of that.

So, yes, you are confused (and my response is a bit more aggressive than normal due to how you phrased your post, as its pretty full of mis information)

What comes with autopilot is laid out specifically by tesla on their website. This information has been available on Teslas website (this exact link) since at least the end of 2020, so this is not hidden.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 5.29.59 AM.png

• Love
So, yes, you are confused (and my response is a bit more aggressive than normal due to how you phrased your post, as its pretty full of mis information)
Sorry, but I don't live for and about Tesla. It's a car. It gets me from place to place. It's not my life. And I've found **NUMEROUS** online references to Autopark on non-FSD vehicles, including some YouTube videos, so get off your little high horse.

• Disagree
Sorry, but I don't live for and about Tesla. It's a car. It gets me from place to place. It's not my life. And I've found **NUMEROUS** online references to Autopark on non-FSD vehicles, including some YouTube videos, so get off your little high horse.

During your purchase you're shown which features the car comes with, and which cost extra.

Didn't require any reading of 3rd party "online references" which as you've found aren't always accurate.... Just you reading what you were buying.

Description from the order page feature details about the free, included, autopilot and what it does:

basicap.png

No mention of auto park.

Description from the order page about the optional, $12,000, FSD package. It explicitly lists autopark as one of its features.

optionalfsd.png

Show me where in the owners manual under Autopark that it mentions FSD. I’ll make popcorn

You appear to be confused. I guess if it's due to low blood sugar, the popcorn might help.

The manual describes how to use every possible option the car offers. It even tells you that in the manual that DEPENDING ON OPTIONS your car might not have the thing it is describing.

optionalpark.png

The sales page tells you which things are standard or optional.

It tells you autopark is an optional thing, and that you must buy FSD to get it.

You did not buy the optional thing, so you don't get an optional thing.

Which part above did you not understand, specifically?

No, you didnt find numerous reference to autopark on non FSD or EAP vehicles. If you were not aware of a feature your car had or didnt have, thats your issue.

At least I know where you stand, though, and how much assistance I should try to provide to your questions.

Last edited: