Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3P All Season Tire Fitment Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this question has previously been answered...but can anyone confirm fitment of a 245/35R20 on a 2021+ M3P?

I am ordering my car today, with a February 2022 delivery estimation. My plan is to immediately install the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire, in the 245/35R20 size so long as it will clear with no issues.

TIA for any help!

I apologize if this question has previously been answered...but can anyone confirm fitment of a 245/35R20 on a 2021+ M3P?

I am ordering my car today, with a February 2022 delivery estimation. My plan is to immediately install the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire, in the 245/35R20 size so long as it will clear with no issues.

TIA for any help!
I picked up my car a few days ago and am planning on putting the same size tire on my car next week. I have been told that the 245/35/20 does, in fact, fit without issue.

TIA for any help!
I'm also waiting for my M3P and intending to immediately swap the summer Pirellis for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires.

I'm debating 235/35zr20 (stock size) versus the 245/35zr20 (Track Pack option size). I don't like the hellaflush Pirelli look, and I'm wondering if the 235 PS AS4 is wide enough to remedy that, or if the even wider 245 is needed.

Does anybody have any pics of the either or both sizes mounted on 20" Uberturbines? Did folks with the 245 option change the setting in the UI or just YOLO it and live with the speedo error?

I really suggest a minimum of 245 on the stock 9" wide wheels. I don't think stretching 235 onto 9" wide makes any functional sense (at least for normal street use), and the very slight diameter increase of 245/35R20 will fit just fine as everyone says.

I believe 255/35R20 would fit as well, and that would be my choice on 20x9 wheels assuming it does clear the upper control arm. I haven't used that diameter tire but from what I've read on here, I expect it fits.

Note I haven't checked tire availability in these sizes. That matters too of course.

I really suggest a minimum of 245 on the stock 9" wide wheels. I don't think stretching 235 onto 9" wide makes any functional sense (at least for normal street use), and the very slight diameter increase of 245/35R20 will fit just fine as everyone says.

I believe 255/35R20 would fit as well, and that would be my choice on 20x9 wheels assuming it does clear the upper control arm. I haven't used that diameter tire but from what I've read on here, I expect it fits.

Note I haven't checked tire availability in these sizes. That matters too of course.
255/35R20 tires are actually less expensive than 245/35R20 tires...must be a more popular size.

Reactions: tm1v2
I'm also waiting for my M3P and intending to immediately swap the summer Pirellis for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires.

I'm debating 235/35zr20 (stock size) versus the 245/35zr20 (Track Pack option size). I don't like the hellaflush Pirelli look, and I'm wondering if the 235 PS AS4 is wide enough to remedy that, or if the even wider 245 is needed.

Does anybody have any pics of the either or both sizes mounted on 20" Uberturbines? Did folks with the 245 option change the setting in the UI or just YOLO it and live with the speedo error?

I might be misunderstanding your question but a change in width wouldn't impact the speedo. You can reset the tpms sensors also if you'd like.

245/35 is slightly larger diameter than 235/35. However it's a very minimal change, it will be completely fine, and yes 245/45 will fit better on the 20x9" Uberturbine wheels than 235/35. Personally I would use 255/35 on those wheels (depending on tire availability), which will also work fine and give just a tiny bit more sidewall & diameter.

Here are a couple of pics of a 20x9 +35mm with a 5mm (net +30mm) with a 255/35/20
IMG-0496.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-0494.jpg
    IMG-0494.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
I might be misunderstanding your question but a change in width wouldn't impact the speedo. You can reset the tpms sensors also if you'd like.
The “35” in “235/35R20” indicates that the sidewall is 35% as tall as the section width (the “235”) is wide. So in theory, adding 10mm to the width is supposed to add 3.5mm the sidewall height. Tirerack.com has numbers for every size of (almost) every tire. The “revolutions per mile” is maybe the most useful at assessing impact on the speedo.

Last edited:
Reactions: oreobbq