Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3P ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, first post as LONG time bmw owner I am finally moving over to a M3P. Will order in Jan for March delivery here in Switzerland.
I was wondering, as there was already a recent refresh, would there be anything new for 2022 vs 2021 year?
I am have hope for black roof liner option but will 99.99% need to go aftermarket for that.

Thanks in advance

It doesnt work the same way it does on BMWs. Tesla does not wait to implement changes in a model year change over. They make them "whenever". The only guarantee you get from waiting or getting a later model year, is the fact that its a later model year as it relates to depreciation (when you go to sell it, its one model year newer).

my crystal ball says no significant updates to the M3 for 2022.

Tesla will be busy ramping up production of the MY with the casted chassis in Giga Texas, then ramping up production of the refreshed MS and MX, and also you have the CT and the rumored $25k MA/M2/MQ

TL;DR, Tesla is too busy in 2022 doing other things.

I can see that the next update for the M3 could be in late 2023 with a casted chassis and maybe a 4680 battery. That's going to be pretty significant. But also, don't hold your breath.

Thanks for posts. Tesla offered me 16.2k for my Z4 35is trade in. I went to independent dealer bymycar.ch (if any of you live in Switzerland) and they offered 20k. I will sell my car on Monday and put down a deposit on an M3P black/black. Will be first electric car and end of years of ICE. I will miss the sound greatly. As previous was Z4 35is, D2 Audi s8, e46 M3 in order of last cars.

That being said the rep said I would need to place an order in Jan for March delivery. Is this true or can you pick your apporximate delivery date, as cant accept a car before March.

Thanks., looking forward to getting into an M3P.

Reactions: TechOps
Thanks for posts. Tesla offered me 16.2k for my Z4 35is trade in. I went to independent dealer bymycar.ch (if any of you live in Switzerland) and they offered 20k. I will sell my car on Monday and put down a deposit on an M3P black/black. Will be first electric car and end of years of ICE. I will miss the sound greatly. As previous was Z4 35is, D2 Audi s8, e46 M3 in order of last cars.

That being said the rep said I would need to place an order in Jan for March delivery. Is this true or can you pick your apporximate delivery date, as cant accept a car before March.

Thanks., looking forward to getting into an M3P.

Unfortunately you will not be able to pick any delivery dates, unless things work very very differently there than here in the US. Nothing about the order process is anything at all like BMW (if you ordered your BMW vs taking off the lot). There are a lot (and I mean a "lot lot" of members here on TMC that have extensive BMW ownership experience, of years (or even decades lol), so many of us are very familiar with how BMW does ordering.

It doesnt look anything like that. You place an order, you get almost no feedback while waiiting, there is no tracking it anywhere (not really), and then "later" someone tells you its there and time for you to pick it up (in the next few days or we will sell it to someone else).

• Informative
Reactions: Trekker_
Update, Sold my Z4 for a fair price and now wanted to see advise on payment for the Model 3 Performace.

I put the 100 CHF down today for late Feb-Late March delivery of black/black M3P.
I didnt use a referral code for this, did I make a mistake here? if so can i somehow still sue a code?

As I want to buy my car and 3.9% interest I was wonder what is the best approach as I want to have payment of no more than 400 a month.

would it be best to put as much as possible down and pay 400 a month for as few as months as possible, or the reverse, least amount down longest payment plan. To me seems the later is best.

As example
The specked car is 61180 for reference.

Option 1 --- 35,457 + 400 a month x72 - 64,257 (+3077 over sticker)
Option 2 --- 39,345 + 400 a month x 60 - 63,345 (+2,165 over sticker)
Option 3 --- 43,385 + 400 a month x48 - 62,585 (+1,405 over sticker)

Update, Sold my Z4 for a fair price and now wanted to see advise on payment for the Model 3 Performace.

I put the 100 CHF down today for late Feb-Late March delivery of black/black M3P.
I didnt use a referral code for this, did I make a mistake here? if so can i somehow still sue a code?

As I want to buy my car and 3.9% interest I was wonder what is the best approach as I want to have payment of no more than 400 a month.

would it be best to put as much as possible down and pay 400 a month for as few as months as possible, or the reverse, least amount down longest payment plan. To me seems the later is best.

As example
The specked car is 61180 for reference.

Option 1 --- 35,457 + 400 a month x72 - 64,257 (+3077 over sticker)
Option 2 --- 39,345 + 400 a month x 60 - 63,345 (+2,165 over sticker)
Option 3 --- 43,385 + 400 a month x48 - 62,585 (+1,405 over sticker)
I did 72 months @ 1.24% (basically free money)
50K loan. Put 14K down. Payment is about $720.