Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 M3SR+...having a few weird issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my car now for about 8 months (4500 miles)...really love the car. Had to get a taillight replaced and squeak fixed, but thats the only issue.

Recently, however, I've had a couple of issues:

1. Turn on car, and the screen will be in the dark mode (bright sunny day in LA) for 5 minutes before switching to light mode. I can manually switch, but there is often a significant lag on start up.

2. Yesterday, went to open the trunk. Would not unlock despite my phone being inches away from trunk. Went to the front door, tried handle. Screen said use key fob, then it unlocked without it. Works fine now.

3. I charged the car last night. Used the app this morning to unlock the charger and unplugged. Put charger in glove box. Walked away. Got a notification saying my car was unlocked. Came back and it was. I manually locked the car. This has never happened.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Nolakai
1. Have you rebooted the car at least once to see if that helps?
2. Phone as key doesn't work 100% of the time. Mostly comes down the the settings on your phone for battery conservation, letting the app run in the background etc. Multiple threads on the topic around here.
3. I know some people say that auto lock on "leave" should work regardless, I've always been under the impression that it will only lock that way if I also unlocked the car by "phone as key". Maybe it's normal since that one time you unlocked manually through the app. Do more testing.

I've had my car now for about 8 months (4500 miles)...really love the car. Had to get a taillight replaced and squeak fixed, but thats the only issue.

Recently, however, I've had a couple of issues:

1. Turn on car, and the screen will be in the dark mode (bright sunny day in LA) for 5 minutes before switching to light mode. I can manually switch, but there is often a significant lag on start up.

2. Yesterday, went to open the trunk. Would not unlock despite my phone being inches away from trunk. Went to the front door, tried handle. Screen said use key fob, then it unlocked without it. Works fine now.

3. I charged the car last night. Used the app this morning to unlock the charger and unplugged. Put charger in glove box. Walked away. Got a notification saying my car was unlocked. Came back and it was. I manually locked the car. This has never happened.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
We’ve had the same issues with our 2022 SR3 but not our 21 MY. Our 3 also has issues with phone connecting (esp playing music over Bluetooth).