Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Curb Rash 18" Aero Rims Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont bother, get new aeros. I think if you want oem, they are like 15 or 20USD from Tesla?
Where can you get the wheel itself for $15-20 ? I would like a set if that was the case.

Even the plastic cover is already $25, much less the wheel itself. And the OP is talking about the wheel. The cover doesn't scratch when you curb the wheel, it's the rim itself given it is completely exposed, one of the complaints of how Tesla designed things (there are aftermarket covers like the Uberturbine that cover the rim).

Reactions: Nobody Famous
Where can you get the wheel itself for $15-20 ? I would like a set if that was the case.

Even the plastic cover is already $25, much less the wheel itself. And the OP is talking about the wheel. The cover doesn't scratch when you curb the wheel, it's the rim itself given it is completely exposed, one of the complaints of how Tesla designed things (there are aftermarket covers like the Uberturbine that cover the rim).

oops i thought he wanted an aero cover.

tbh if the rim is scratched i would just put an aerocover on. if OP doesnt like the OEM aeros theres plenty of other cool looking sets on aliexpress.

oops i thought he wanted an aero cover.

tbh if the rim is scratched i would just put an aerocover on. if OP doesnt like the OEM aeros theres plenty of other cool looking sets on aliexpress.
The OEM wheel cover does not cover the edge, which is what gets curb rash. You can see even on the wikipedia page that the wheel has curb rash and aero cover does not cover it.
Tesla_Model_3_aero_wheels.jpg

You have to get an aftermarket one to cover that part.