Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Dash & Door Swap Wood for White

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Located in Bellevue, WA

I just took delivery of my M3LR on Tuesday, got it with the black interior hoping that I could just buy the white trim from Tesla (they said no)...
Looking through threads it seems there's a chance I can find someone here wanting to make a swap of the White dash and door trim for the Wood as there have been a few older posts on this topic.

I am also interested in swapping my 19" Sport wheels for the slightly older version that had the slight curve to the fins.

lmk if interested.

thanks!

Located in Bellevue, WA

I just took delivery of my M3LR on Tuesday, got it with the black interior hoping that I could just buy the white trim from Tesla (they said no)...
Looking through threads it seems there's a chance I can find someone here wanting to make a swap of the White dash and door trim for the Wood as there have been a few older posts on this topic.

I am also interested in swapping my 19" Sport wheels for the slightly older version that had the slight curve to the fins.

lmk if interested.

thanks!
Oh dang really? I thought I could ask Tesla to buy too.

I have a white and am actually considering a swap to wood. But we are quite far from one another haha.

Oh dang really? I thought I could ask Tesla to buy too.

I have a white and am actually considering a swap to wood. But we are quite far from one another haha.
yeah, I was outright told no by my local service center and the 2 other closest ones I called. I was told explicitly, they can only sell me the trim for my cars interior. I've been hoping to find someone willing to make the swap but yeah, it looks like your a good 816 mile drive away :/

Located in Bellevue, WA

lmk if interested.

thanks!
Mine was the same as yours. I bought stock on covers from AliExpress for next to nothing, looks perfect now. Entire cabin went from black to white for <$500

Attachments

• 3986BBDB-9354-4224-B546-CB76E695B5C7.jpeg
    3986BBDB-9354-4224-B546-CB76E695B5C7.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 5BEE8C26-6B95-407D-AC0C-108CFA901DF5.jpeg
    5BEE8C26-6B95-407D-AC0C-108CFA901DF5.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 8C5951ED-139B-42F5-A4BD-7C71AA787B13.jpeg
    8C5951ED-139B-42F5-A4BD-7C71AA787B13.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 00BA34A4-D0DE-4281-BDEB-C9A3995E6123.jpeg
    00BA34A4-D0DE-4281-BDEB-C9A3995E6123.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 132
yeah, I was outright told no by my local service center and the 2 other closest ones I called. I was told explicitly, they can only sell me the trim for my cars interior. I've been hoping to find someone willing to make the swap but yeah, it looks like your a good 816 mile drive away :/

Road trip!
That’s too bad. But in theory you could order a wood and I could order a white and just ship it to one another 😂

Or yes, road-trip lol

Reactions: IdaX
That’s too bad. But in theory you could order a wood and I could order a white and just ship it to one another 😂

Or yes, road-trip lol
well, quick math 408 miles if we meet in the middle somewhere. what's the cost of the trim pieces and shipping vs the cost of charging for the trip? sounds like a good idea for a long weekend.

Mine was the same as yours. I bought stock on covers from AliExpress for next to nothing, looks perfect now. Entire cabin went from black to white for <$500
how do you like the yoke wheel? i image its better for FSD scenarios but beyond that, regular driving seems like its a maybe for me.
do you have a link to the ali store? are you sure there oem parts?

Last edited:
well, quick math 408 miles if we meet in the middle somewhere. what's the cost of the trim pieces and shipping vs the cost of charging for the trip? sounds like a good idea for a long weekend.

how do you like the yoke wheel? i image its better for FSD scenarios but beyond that, regular driving seems like its a maybe for me.
So as I was picking up my car today I asked the service department and they actually ordered me the dash and door trims. Expensive at $400+ for all three without labor.

Maybe you can ask Service again? Or other option is I could sell you my existing set + shipping? Road-trip would be fun but I’m not sure when I’ll have the time currently haha

Reactions: UNCLETYS
So as I was picking up my car today I asked the service department and they actually ordered me the dash and door trims. Expensive at $400+ for all three without labor.

Maybe you can ask Service again? Or other option is I could sell you my existing set + shipping? Road-trip would be fun but I’m not sure when I’ll have the time currently haha
interesting... maybe my service center(s) are all just dicks?
see if you can get them to keep the box the parts come in, if you want ill buy your existing set. trade(free) would have been better but, yeah an 8 hour roadtrip is kinda a commitment, especially for only 400$

Reactions: UNCLETYS
interesting... maybe my service center(s) are all just dicks?
see if you can get them to keep the box the parts come in, if you want ill buy your existing set. trade(free) would have been better but, yeah an 8 hour roadtrip is kinda a commitment, especially for only 400$
Yeah I’ll keep you in the loop. Feel free to message me if you wanna talk details! Currently they estimated a 9/25 delivery but who knows.

Free would’ve definitely been better, but alas with the distance.

Game changer, adds to the fun of driving a Tesla - like a video game. Takes about 3-4 hours of driving to get 100% used to. Reverse parking & long/big corners are harder

Seller: