Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Front Passenger side Rattle (Glovebox area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Been experiencing a rattle for about a month. Initially though it was the front camera housing but sitting in the passenger seat, it sounds like its coming somewhere around the glovebox/ passenger dash area.

Rattle sounds like a loose bolt.

Brought the car to the service center and had a test drive with a tech and they said it wasn't consistent enough so they weren't willing to fix it + rattles and noises weren't covered under warranty. Also made sure the glovebox was completely empty. The rattle is still present. Also tried a frequency generator from my phone played over bluetooth to the car, did not rattle.

Rattle happens at low speeds, was going about 16-20 mph during the recording. The surface of the road only impacts the noise, it can be a freshly paved asphalt road perfectly smooth (to the naked eye) and the rattle is still present albeit much quieter. Completely inaudible when the car is being driven on the freeway.

Rattle in the video happens at 0:28, 0:44, 0:49, 0:55-1:00
More faint rattles: 0:38, 1:09

Asking for recommendations of where exactly this might be and possible fixes or troubleshooting steps.

Have you driven with the glove box open? The a-pillar covers and dash board speaker vent rattle on my new car. My garage door opener also rattles as I find out the other day.

Start folding paper and sticking it in between panels until it goes away.

Reactions: rpiotro
I have a Model Y with a persistent annoying rattle coming from the charging pad in the front of the console. Rattles with or without the phone on it. If I place my finger on it, it stops, but haven't yet found exactly where the rattle is coming from? Anyone else experience this?

Hi I am a new Tesla Model 3 Long Range owner. Had it for about 2 weeks. I noticed rattles when I go on highways or when the road is bumpy, but when I turn up the music I don’t hear it.

The rattle is mostly on the driver side and now noticing a new kind of rattle on the front passenger side.

No idea about the back seats though, since as of now no one sat there.

I am taking in my car this weekend to the service center for checking the rattle. They however mentioned on the Tesla app that they will do a tire pressure check.

Also I would have my car fully wrapped with PPF by tomorrow.

Anything I should be aware of or take action before handing in my car to the service center?

Any idea how long it will take for them to give my car back? Will they give me loaner Tesla meanwhile?

The speaker cover at the front of the dash rattles and so does the a-pillar cover in my car. It's just poor quality workmanship or design or both. I could fix it myself but it's not frequent enough for me to start taking apart the interior. Maybe when it's warmer. A little bit of double sticky foam tape would fix it.

My car is full of plasticky rattles. A few I was able to pinpoint, a small fraction of those I could improve upon, but after a while I got tired of chasing creaks and rattles. During the last couple of months the car developed some new continuous clicking noises from the A-pillar/base of the windshield. Also the doors have started to creak loudly when opened and closed, and lower temperatures worsen these noises further. Well, it is what it is.

Been experiencing a rattle for about a month. Initially though it was the front camera housing but sitting in the passenger seat, it sounds like its coming somewhere around the glovebox/ passenger dash area.

Rattle sounds like a loose bolt.

Brought the car to the service center and had a test drive with a tech and they said it wasn't consistent enough so they weren't willing to fix it + rattles and noises weren't covered under warranty. Also made sure the glovebox was completely empty. The rattle is still present. Also tried a frequency generator from my phone played over bluetooth to the car, did not rattle.

Rattle happens at low speeds, was going about 16-20 mph during the recording. The surface of the road only impacts the noise, it can be a freshly paved asphalt road perfectly smooth (to the naked eye) and the rattle is still present albeit much quieter. Completely inaudible when the car is being driven on the freeway.

Rattle in the video happens at 0:28, 0:44, 0:49, 0:55-1:00
More faint rattles: 0:38, 1:09

Asking for recommendations of where exactly this might be and possible fixes or troubleshooting steps.
I have this same rattling issue on my MX. Exactly as you describe and in the exact same area. I also think it sounds like loose bolts and I haven't found the issue. Mine happens when I accelerate or left off and the regen is braking at lower speeds. Literally sound like nuts or bolts moving/rolling around under the passenger side dash. Were you able to resolve the rattling? @haoyuan wu Its driving me NUTS.