Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 LFP battery statistics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, been reading for about a year now and my first post. Purchased a new model 3 RWD on 22/8/2022 and have now done over 16000 klms.

I live near Newcastle and work in Sydney, with family on the north coast. So I do a lot of kilometres. Average trip to work and home is 210 klms.

Thought I would post some interesting stats off the Tessie app.

At first I stuck to the usual Li ion recommendation of charging to 80%, with a once a week 100% charge. Then I went with the Tesla recommendation to leave it at 100%. My degradation increased rapidly during this time so I went back to charging to 75% for work days and not charge at all on my days off if I didn’t need to. Still charged to 100% at least once per week.

My degradation topped out at 2.7% but has now dropped to 1.0%. I don’t know if a reversal is even possible like this as recordered in the stats…?

Attachments

• 052D742A-FF41-40DB-BEA2-1FA935E3834C.jpeg
    052D742A-FF41-40DB-BEA2-1FA935E3834C.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 77FF35F3-762B-4CF3-BE54-AB94812B5B51.jpeg
    77FF35F3-762B-4CF3-BE54-AB94812B5B51.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 110
My degradation topped out at 2.7% but has now dropped to 1.0%. I don’t know if a reversal is even possible like this as recordered in the stats…?
Just goes to show, don't believe the guesstimations of the Tesla range and / or the 3rd party apps.

'Degradation' itself can't be reversed. The car's CPU *can* recalculate what it's best guess on range is depending on the circumstances.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
The LFP equipped cars seem to have a dynamic buffer which will influence the range slightly. It all depends on how often it is charged to 100%.

I have been only charging mine to 70% on a regular basis now with warmer weather upon us and giving a 100% about once a week.
The guessometer drops about 7-10km and then pops back up to the 'fleet' average in Tessie when I go the 100%.

There is a lot more info in the US and Europe forums, some just guessed but some from people that seem to know.

Hi all, I’m over 80000 klms now. Still Newcastle to Sydney and return for work mostly. Some trips to Canberra and Coffs Harbour as well. See Tessie stats below. Still able to get 400kms on the freeway to Coffs by keeping just under 110km/h. About 500km if just driving around Newcastle. I charge to 100% probably half the time. The other half to around 80%.

One thing I have done is change to Continental ContiEcoContact 5 tyres. Can’t notice a difference in noise, maybe slightly more efficient.

Attachments

• IMG_7476.png
    IMG_7476.png
    937.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7477.png
    IMG_7477.png
    672.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Jules22
I have a 11/22 build, 2/23 delivery Model 3 RWD (LFP).

I don't do high Km or long trips but occasionally a ~290km in a day round trip, say once a month.
I charge to 100% every second charge or so which would average around every 3 weeks.

I'm currently at 8750km after 13 months of ownership.

Teslafi indicates I have had 3.5% of battery degradation.
I ran the official battery health test in service mode and it came back with a battery capacity of 92% of new...

Not sure which of these to believe and if the service mode test is correct if I should be concerned.
Teslafi says my battery capacity is well below that of other 'similar' vehicles (21 examples) on their database...

Apart from 2 occasions of DC charging (50kW charger) I have only ever charged at home, initially on the UMC @ 10A then on a Gen3 Wall charger @ 16A/3Ph.

Tessie I found move around a bit of late.
So I have been playing with Scan my Tesla depends how you charged it change around, been as low as 57kw to around 58.7kw over the last couple of weeks.
I also find as with Tessie if you put a big charge in the BMS seems to calculate better
A 10%-100% charge I found helps BMS rather then a few smaller chargers and hover around 50-80%
Battery depends what you read online best not going 100% too often even LFP.
BMS seems to need it