Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 LR making clicking noises all night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve noticed in the past when I open up my Tesla app on my phone, my M3LR makes a somewhat loud thud or clicking sound once (when the vehicle is waking up).

Last night I noticed (the car is parked right outside my bedroom) that my Tesla was making that same noise every few minutes all night long. I closed out the app and whenever I opened it the car seemed to already be awake. It’s plugged into a wall connector but isn’t charging as it’s been at capacity.

Is this normal / any idea why it’s being so noisy and seemingly not sleeping? Never had this happen before.

I’ve noticed in the past when I open up my Tesla app on my phone, my M3LR makes a somewhat loud thud or clicking sound once (when the vehicle is waking up).

Last night I noticed (the car is parked right outside my bedroom) that my Tesla was making that same noise every few minutes all night long. I closed out the app and whenever I opened it the car seemed to already be awake. It’s plugged into a wall connector but isn’t charging as it’s been at capacity.

Is this normal / any idea why it’s being so noisy and seemingly not sleeping? Never had this happen before.
No, abnormal. That noise is contactors. Car is trying to sleep and then getting woken up. It’s normal for this to happen a few times a day but not many times.

It could be proximity of the phone though in general this is not an issue. Can turn off Bluetooth as an experiment.

Change your Tesla password and do not give it back to any apps you may use.

I can’t use Stats because it wakes my car up all the time (last time I tried was a year ago, previous attempt was a year before that).

Have to change the password; can’t just log out of other services on the apps on your phone. Some use servers to access your car, not your device. So they’ll wake the car even if your phone is off. If this fixes it, you can try to find the offender, but it is simplest to just get rid of them all.

Sounds like the car has good WiFi but apparently occasionally software updates can get stuck and maybe that could cause this somehow. Seems less likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewEnglandCld
Upvote 0