Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 LR max range drop to 354 [in the UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not actually true
I said available kWh which is basically the same as amp hours.

Also, other than the monitoring your own car, do you have a reputable source to substantiate your claim re temperature? On neither of my Tesla have I seen the range change due to the battery either being very cold (UK) or very hot (US). It would be a poor BMS that said the range was low due to battery currently being cold or hot when obviously that will change once driven.

I said available kWh which is basically the same as amp hours.

Also, other than the monitoring your own car, do you have a reputable source to substantiate your claim re temperature? On neither of my Tesla have I seen the range change due to the battery either being very cold (UK) or very hot (US). It would be a poor BMS that said the range was low due to battery currently being cold or hot when obviously that will change once driven.
I can only comment on my own car where in winter my percentage will sometimes go up as the battery warms. I would expect if it was showing miles then the miles would go up (or go down very much more slowly than consumption would indicate).

I can only comment on my own car where in winter my percentage will sometimes go up as the battery warms. I would expect if it was showing miles then the miles would go up (or go down very much more slowly than consumption would indicate).
That's completely different, this thread is talking about the maximum range, not the current range. The current range does get reduced in cold weather and typically the car shows a part of the battery in blue as inaccessible until the car warms up.

Reactions: fantasmagorica