Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 - No new update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new here. Just took delivery a week ago to new Model 3 long range. The account online shows that my car has the latest software 2022.4.5 - but the car display shows a 2021 software release. It's been connected to Wi-Fi for for several days and the software won't update.

Am I just being impatient?

Reactions: Rodney!
It generally takes at least a month before you get your first software update. In your case, it has not yet been a month. You may need to wait for the next release after your first month is up.

But no matter, you will soon be getting software updates like everyone else. Even if your car is not on wifi, your tesla app should notify you that an update is available when it's time.

It generally takes at least a month before you get your first software update. In your case, it has not yet been a month. You may need to wait for the next release after your first month is up.

But no matter, you will soon be getting software updates like everyone else. Even if your car is not on wifi, your tesla app should notify you that an update is available when it's time.
Thank you for the reply

In my case it took over a month to get my first update and since then its been about a 3 week average for updates with the "advanced" setting. When I track updates at https://teslafi.com/firmware I usually get my update about a week after a major rollout starts hitting the streets. So I wait for a "hump" in the charts and then I know I will be getting an update about a week after it peaks. Not sure if this pattern fits for others as well.

Reactions: Patrick_PACNW