Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Performance - Possible to have Gen 1 White Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elektrick

subatomic e-
Aug 20, 2022
PNW
For those with a 2022 year Model 3 with white seats.

The white seats in my 2022 M3P feel different from the white seats in my buddies 2022 MYP and other 2022+ Model 3s white seats.

From what I've researched, it is said that the two seats are identical with the Y on boosters; however, are they truly 1:1 identical (aside to the Y sitting on boosters)?

I feel like my white M3P seats are stiffer and it doesn't hug your lower end like a glove like the ones in the 22" MYP.

I've also seen others mention how the black seats are more comfy than the white seats and at first I thought nothing of it, until I visited several show rooms and sat in a 3 and Y back to back to find out that there may be something to the black seats being more comfy/fluffier.

The issue that I have with my white seats is that the side bottom bolsters (where it curves up) seem very flat, almost like Gen 1 seats. Are they Gen 1 seats? My build is an EOQ build so I wonder if by some odd chance that they threw in a scrap Gen 1 seat into my car during that EOQ push? Never say never right?

It's odd... I wonder if someone could chime in on this. So there's Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 2.5? I'm really curious now why my white seats feel like Gen 1s in a 2022 Model 3...

Thanks in advance for the input!