Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 Performance Stock wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I see tons of threads on wheel options for the M3P but I can't find much info on what stock wheels will fit with the different brakes and hubs on the 3P. I'm looking to pick up a cheap set off marketplace from someone else's upgrade so I can have a beater winter set. I'd prefer some 18" options but I can't find any info on if they fit over the calipers etc.

Thanks for any info!!

I've seen reports here that the newer OE 19" wheels are machined for the stepped lip, and fit, though the offset will be inward vs actual M3P wheels. M3P wheels have a lower offset (wheel sticks out further from its center point) because the M3P rotor hat is narrower (wheel center sits more inward on the car).

These spacers would avoid any stepped lip issues, and also adjust the offset to better place the wheels for a stock-like fitment.

I've also read that newer OE 18" wheels are even machined for the stepped lip now, but they don't actually fit over the M3P PUP brakes, especially not the parking brake sticking way out of the rear calipers.

I too wished we could just pick up cheap OE 18" takeoffs for our M3P's, but no, everything I've read says they don't fit. So I went the other direction and spent $2k on forged 18x8.5" wheels (with correct center bore and offset for M3P). 😄 However you can find plenty of perfectly fine 18x8.5" flow formed cast wheels for $1k or even less. That is the route I'll likely go for winter wheels someday. (Unless I turn my current wheels into winter wheels and get something wider for summer.)

Reactions: Zaxy and jackmott
I picked up a set of R19's with Pirelli snows on them from FB marketplace this week for $800 not sure I'll need those spacers yet but thanks for linking them!
r19.jpg

Reactions: tm1v2