Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 SR+ fan noise coming from frunk.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up 2022 RWD model 3 this wednesday, today I noticed a loud continuous clicking sound coming from the front. It sounds like my snowblower engine running. Not sure if it's radiator fan, heat pump or something, it's very strange.

I've owned 2019 SR+ and 2021 SR+ in the past, never heard this sound before.

Scheduled service but it's a month out, don't want to be stranded on the road if something happens. Anyone knows what can possibly cause engine like sound from the front?

Sounds normal. Mine, also 2022 sr+, is making same loud noise when parked, but it stops after some time (a few hours). It's from the hear pump. Services said it's normal after I sent them video of the noise. Post yours here to see if it's the same one?

Sounds normal. Mine, also 2022 sr+, is making same loud noise when parked, but it stops after some time (a few hours). It's from the hear pump. Services said it's normal after I sent them video of the noise. Post yours here to see if it's the same one?
See if it's the same sound.

It is strange though because I had two 2021 SR+ in the past and a 2022 LR, none of them make this crazy sound.

I have a 2018, so no heat pump. But I’d be surprised if that’s indeed normal. Sounds like a fan with something stuck in it.
I agree, that's why I'm keeping my service appointment . This is my 4th model 3, I upgrade every year thanks to the insane resale value of teslas, never heard anything like it. Sure there are the humming sound, but nothing like the fan sound in the video.

Picked up 2022 RWD model 3 this wednesday, today I noticed a loud continuous clicking sound coming from the front. It sounds like my snowblower engine running. Not sure if it's radiator fan, heat pump or something, it's very strange.

I've owned 2019 SR+ and 2021 SR+ in the past, never heard this sound before.

Scheduled service but it's a month out, don't want to be stranded on the road if something happens. Anyone knows what can possibly cause engine like sound from the front?
Hello,

I just picked up my Model 3 SR on 1/31 and noticed that when I turn the heater or A/C on after having not used it a for a while...i.e. hours, a day, etc...there is sudden, very loud motor sound that occurs that also causes some serious vibration throughout the dash/cabin. It's a very strong vibration. I can replicate it but the system has to not be used again for some time. If I simply turn off the system and turn it back on again say a few minutes later, it won't do it. I feel it may be a compressor issue or the system is pressurized after first use and doesn't need to re-pressurize. If I can video it or make an audio of it I will.

I'm disappointed to say the least. This isn't a cheap car and already I hear rattles, squeaks, and stuff like this.

Hello,

I just picked up my Model 3 SR on 1/31 and noticed that when I turn the heater or A/C on after having not used it a for a while...i.e. hours, a day, etc...there is sudden, very loud motor sound that occurs that also causes some serious vibration throughout the dash/cabin. It's a very strong vibration. I can replicate it but the system has to not be used again for some time. If I simply turn off the system and turn it back on again say a few minutes later, it won't do it. I feel it may be a compressor issue or the system is pressurized after first use and doesn't need to re-pressurize. If I can video it or make an audio of it I will.

I'm disappointed to say the least. This isn't a cheap car and already I hear rattles, squeaks, and stuff like this.

A video would help. Some compressor sound and vibration is normal.

Wondering if you got this fixed? Any idea what it was?
It's been two days in service, Princeton service center has yet to figure out what's wrong. O, there's another issue with rear defroster not working, so they're taking care of both.
This is my 5th Tesla model 3, thanks to crazy used car market, everyone so far has had to be serviced. Love the car, how it drives, but quality.....

Reactions: Whitebeard
Took the car back on Thursday, Tesla couldn't replicate the fan noise so they blame it on something stuck by the fan. Service tech did try to turn AC and heat on and they work fine, so fingers crossed on nothing wrong.
As far as the rear defrost, the whole back window had to be replaced.

I had low sounding fan noise and just had it on for service. They did a HVAC/ Thermal Calibration and replaced three PT sensor modules. Can’t believe the difference. Absolutely no sound at alll!