Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 SR+ LFP Acceleration Boost? [speculation thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt it without hardware changes. Tesla wouldn't make the newer cars slower unless that's really their safe limits.

LFP has real upsides with reduced fire risk, slower degradation, and charging to 100% daily. Honestly it sounds better on paper than NCA for daily driving / commuting (I haven't driven an LFP car yet). But handling (weight) and acceleration are the tradeoffs...can't have your cake and eat it too. :(

I doubt it without hardware changes. Tesla wouldn't make the newer cars slower unless that's really their safe limits.

LFP has real upsides with reduced fire risk, slower degradation, and charging to 100% daily. Honestly it sounds better on paper than NCA for daily driving / commuting (I haven't driven an LFP car yet). But handling (weight) and acceleration are the tradeoffs...can't have your cake and eat it too. :(
I just want to be able to make that choice if I want the 253 range and the 5.3 acceleration or the 272 with the 5.8.