Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S deliver in September. Windshield distortion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Service department is nice to replace it twice. however, still have the same distortion.
the windshield product is bad. Now the service said they have nothing to do on that.
Distortion makes eye tired when driving and not safe for driving.
No plan to fix the problem.

the
You could try telling them it is a safety issue and you will report it to the NTSB. Can you lemon law the vehicle?
I think you are right.
The manager of service center told me that they will do the research and report to main company. but if the company said the windshield pass their quality control, the manager can do nothing on that.
I will see what they will reply to me.

the

I think you are right.
The manager of service center told me that they will do the research and report to main company. but if the company said the windshield pass their quality control, the manager can do nothing on that.
I will see what they will reply to me.
Mine has the same distortion really low down across the windshield. I don't tend to notice it when driving, but it's there, and it's not great. Rear window has worse distortion near the bottom.

I did also get my windshield replaced (just once) and yeah, the distortion is there still. At least it moved to the passenger side, so I'm not going insane / crazy anymore.

Cannot wait for my R1S or id.buzz
I have another appointment on next week. Hope they could give me an acceptable windshield.
R1S and id.buzz are both looking nice! waiting for the feedback when they really coming on street.

Reactions: kazamm
not worth replacing the windshield. this is the way the windshields are on the model S, sadly.

i replaced the windshield on my 21' S refresh... they messed up the car's seals and created more problems and headaches. It got so bad I had to sell that car and I got a 22' Model S and the windshield remains with the same slight distortions. Did I replace it? No, I just knew it wasn't going to fix the issue and it might lead to more problems than what it's worth. just learn to live with it and you will forget about it soon.

...as for rattles that's a whole different story *sigh*

Reactions: kazamm