Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Long range - tiny mystery dents top of right rear fender. Any ideas what caused them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery January 2 at the Corte Madera delivery center in the Bay Area, CA. I did an inspection at the time and everything looked fine. About a week ago i noticed two tiny dents on the top of the right rear fender, about 6 inches ahead of the tail light. The two dents are identical. Roughly 1/2 inch in length and 1/16 inch wide. Like narrow rectangles. That is they seem to have very precise edges shaped like rectangles. They are parallel to each other altho one is about two inches to the left and one inch further forward. You can only see them when the light is at exactly the correct angle. I took about six photos at different angles, but none of the photos show them! But, you can feel them with your fingers. I am guessing they were caused by some metallic thing that has that shape. But, I would think that metal hitting that hard would also damage paint. but it didnt. The paint in the area seems fine. Maybe because the aluminum is so soft it can be easily dented without damaging paint? I am wondering what caused these. If it was something in the manufacturing or delivery process i am not too concerned since the paint seems fine and these are hard to see. IF, on the other hand it is due to damage that occurred while parked locally, then i would want to change my parking habits! Unfortunately i do sometimes park in questionable areas where strange vandalism just might happen. Any ideas on how these were caused?