Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 - Model S LR Refresh (yoke), Red exterior, White interior, 19" rims (reservation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 - Model S LR Refresh (yoke), Red exterior, White interior, 19" rims reservation for sale. Asking 15k for the transfer of the car and you get it ASAP, with your name on the title etc. (yes this is possible). Location is so-cal and delivery is estimated for Dec 20-24th but can be pushed to the end of the month.

Attachments

• _ Tesla.pdf
    232.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Motor Vehicle Order Agreement - Tesla, Inc_ RED2.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 201
2022 - Model S LR Refresh (yoke), Red exterior, White interior, 19" rims reservation for sale. Asking 15k for the transfer of the car and you get it ASAP, with your name on the title etc. (yes this is possible). Location is so-cal and delivery is estimated for Dec 20-24th but can be pushed to the end of the month.
So you are asking 15K which is the exact price increase of a Model S from when you ordered, why would I pay you when I can pay TSLA

How much do you want? $5k? You trying to help someone out and make a little money or rake someone over? I’d rather pay Tesla a little more to keep you from bucking the system and adding to the hysteria. It’s gotta be significant savings.
5k isn't worth the time or effort as ill just take delivery. I'm not bucking any system and the new owner is saving on registration, tax, and licensing fees along with getting a car asap. Also I think everyone believes I just make reservations to sell them, I ordered this car and planned on taking it but might get a plaid instead.

5k isn't worth the time or effort as ill just take delivery. I'm not bucking any system and the new owner is saving on registration, tax, and licensing fees along with getting a car asap. Also I think everyone believes I just make reservations to sell them, I ordered this car and planned on taking it but might get a plaid instead.
How does buying the car from you save me money in registration, tax and licensing fees?

So you are asking 15K which is the exact price increase of a Model S from when you ordered, why would I pay you when I can pay TSLA
To be fair you get it many months early vs ordering from Tesla. You also save on taxes, because while you may be giving him the full price difference, you will only pay tax on the price of the car, not what you pay him. So if he is giving you a right to buy a car at $84K that today costs $99K, you are saving the $15k difference multiplied by your vehicle tax rate. Where I live that's around $1,200. Then you save on the Order Fee, another $250 or so (assuming he has already paid it and isn't asking you for $15K + the Order Fee) vs ordering from Tesla today.

So, car 6-12 months early at a discount. In a market where getting a new car immediately commands a premium (because if there were no inventory shortages then there wouldn't even be a market for this). And evaluating OPs options, he could take delivery and turn around and sell it for likely $100K so what's his incentive to let you get a $95K car at $85K? When you can also take delivery and turn around and sell it for a profit?

Not saying these are worth $15K but they're certainly not worth $5K, unless you want someone to do it out of the goodness of their heart to help a fellow Tesla owner. Then again, this is the internet, we're all strangers, and most of us aren't independently wealthy. I think it's probably worth $10-$15K with a discount from $15K for the fact he doesn't have to do any "work" (arrange payment/financing, take delivery, obtain title, draw up Bill of Sale, etc.).

Reactions: Shopmicrocode