Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 - Model S LR Refresh (yoke), Red exterior, White interior, 19" rims (reservation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then just split the difference plus tax savings. The buyer is allowing you to essentially leverage a reservation you don't want and making it worth something. You need each other. So split it.

I'm looking for a deal like this and wouldn't deal with either of you. Not the kind of person I want to deal with if things get in trouble.
That's fine. I didn't post mine for sale. Nobody needs to "deal with you". And I said that would be the "nice" thing to do if the OP wanted to, but his price is higher as is his right as a seller. As for me, I want to pivot to an X and nobody is going to "give me" a split of their price difference either just to help me out. I'm going to have to suck it up and pay $15K more than folks who ordered a year ago. But meanwhile, I'm "wrong" if I want to sell my reservation for $10-$15K to make up for that and engineer the prior lower price for myself?

These money don't matter, if I had it I'd give it away for free, but you're ripping me off posts are contradictory.

Lastly, there is almost no way he loses money picking up a $95K car for $80K and selling it, unless the market drastically turns. But there is a risk, which is why there is even any discount at all to sell a res (to save him from that risk and work he'd have to do).

:) Good Luck, seriously. BTW someone in another thread suggested how to do this. You add buyers Service Center and Name to the order and it will get delivered to buyers location. If you do it soon enough.
Thanks. My TA helped me clear the registration details so it's ready for a new owner but I'm just taking the car if I dont find someone tonight. This is too much hastle for what is should be.

Ha! Look, the practice of ordering a new sought after car and then selling at a premium is as old as the Model T. Dealers are doing it now with many EVs.
So, it is not really fair to beat the guy up about it. Either you want the car early and can afford the premium or you don't. Maybe you can afford but would rather wait. Me? I don't buy green bananas. If I was in the market for a new S and I lived in SoCal, I would go for it.😊

As it is, I am delighted to be satisfying my Tesla desires with a Model Y in June - if all goes well in Shanghai ( or are the coming from Giga Shangri-La ?).

All the best to you Model S guys. It's a lovely car - enjoy!

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC