Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Matrix Headlights can move!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think this is the case... wasn’t aware the 2016-2021 LEDs had any self leveling or moving parts.
I thought the Adaptive Front Lighting system maintained the lighting at optimal vertical height to avoid blinding oncoming cars and for better forward illumination, like my my 2017 Audi, and my 2014 Mercedes did. Maybe Tesla isn't that advanced yet. I know AFL does corners and curves, and helps to illuminate things along the side of the road. I figured it maintained optimum height as well. Maybe not.

I thought the Adaptive Front Lighting system maintained the lighting at optimal vertical height to avoid blinding oncoming cars and for better forward illumination, like my my 2017 Audi, and my 2014 Mercedes did. Maybe Tesla isn't that advanced yet. I know AFL does corners and curves, and helps to illuminate things along the side of the road. I figured it maintained optimum height as well. Maybe not.
Yeah, even the whole “adaptive” cornering lights are a bit of a misnomer… they don’t really move, rather there are some secondary cornering LEDs that illuminate based on steering wheel angle.

Reactions: sebxx and Big Earl