Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Plaid Frequent Errors.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2022 Plaid since just before New Years Eve. I love the car, but feel like I may have got a lemon. This is my first Tesla so I'm not sure what to expect.

Every time a new software update is installed, every error code on the driver's display is lit up. The homelink for my garage door doesn't work, the autopilot/cruise control doesn't work, the AC doesn't even work sometimes. This is usually only for the first drive after the update and then all is well the second time I drive the car. This time I've had these issues for 3 days straight. Has anyone else had this happen? Especially right after each new software version? If so, what actions did your service center perform to fix the issue?

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Thanks! I tried the scroll wheel reboot and the shut-off car feature in the menu where you have to wake it up with the brake pedal. Still nothing. If there's a fix from the service center I'll upload it here in case anyone else gets a similar issue.

Hi @Ross326 ,

Welcome to TMC !!!

On all of these suggestions - I would leave the driver's side
window down in case you need to open the door...

There is another reboot that has helped for serious problems.
On the "Service" menu Change the wheel size or style to another...
Confirm your choice and let the car reboot... (Maybe 5 or 6 minutes.)

Go back to the Service menu and Change the Wheel size to the correct
size and color - Confirm your choice and let the car reboot...

These wheel size change reboots - reset the car's gateway.
This is the car's communication facility...
They can clear the cobwebs from the car's memory.

Good Luck,

Shawn

• Helpful
Reactions: jdr93 and Proppilot
Hi @Ross326 ,

Welcome to TMC !!!

On all of these suggestions - I would leave the driver's side
window down in case you need to open the door...

There is another reboot that has helped for serious problems.
On the "Service" menu Change the wheel size or style to another...
Confirm your choice and let the car reboot... (Maybe 5 or 6 minutes.)

Go back to the Service menu and Change the Wheel size to the correct
size and color - Confirm your choice and let the car reboot...

These wheel size change reboots - reset the car's gateway.
This is the car's communication facility...
They can clear the cobwebs from the car's memory.

Good Luck,

Shawn
Thanks! I'm going to try that tomorrow and see how it goes. Another member just posted he's having the same issues.

I just got the car back from the service center. It took two days, but the cause of the problem was a spliced wire from the harness or something along those lines. I picked it up today and all features are working as normal so far! Fingers crossed it all stays working well!

Also, before taking it in, I tried changing the wheel diameter and it didn't restart the car. It did reset everything back to factory settings and made me reconnect my key fob and my phone. It's good to know that hack in case I get the 12v error and I'm stuck on the side of the road though. Thanks to everyone for their input!

I just got the car back from the service center. It took two days, but the cause of the problem was a spliced wire from the harness or something along those lines. I picked it up today and all features are working as normal so far! Fingers crossed it all stays working well!

Also, before taking it in, I tried changing the wheel diameter and it didn't restart the car. It did reset everything back to factory settings and made me reconnect my key fob and my phone. It's good to know that hack in case I get the 12v error and I'm stuck on the side of the road though. Thanks to everyone for their input!
Good to hear, keep ups posted and do not forget Lemon laws are designed to help you and protect you in cases like this.

Good to hear, keep ups posted and do not forget Lemon laws are designed to help you and protect you in cases like this.
Yeah, no need to lemon law it. After the wire fix all has been well. Still having problems with autosteer. I engaged it in the cars menu and it still won't do the lane keep assist. I did the newest software update but haven't driven the car yet. I'm hoping it will fix that. Otherwise I'm very happy with everything working as it should. My guess is that they rushed it to meet Q4 quotas or something.

Reactions: Ash83