Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

2022 Model S Plaid "gearbox fluid service"

Hi all, I have a 2022 Model S plaid and since getting delivered in June it's had countless issues. Some of these issues were expected due to Teslas less than decent build quality but recently I have had this issue and even the service center couldn't explain it to me. About a month ago I got a notification on the dash saying "gearbox fluid service recommended." I scheduled an appointment with my local service center and dropped the car off. The car was there for over a week and they told me that there was a "wiring harness" that had to be replaced and that everything was good now. I was not satisfied with their explanation but was sick of my car being there for and extended period of time so I took my car and left. 2 days ago on my way home I received the same message on the dash saying the car needs a gearbox fluid service and now I really don't know what to do. Wondering if anyone on here has had this issue before.

Attachments

• 781C8D17-B39E-48BA-BD61-02DE13BCCD42.jpeg
    781C8D17-B39E-48BA-BD61-02DE13BCCD42.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 220

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
You should get a service receipt that shows a wiring harness being replaced. Now that the message has reappeared, that obviously was not the solution. Hopefully the drive unit has sufficient lubrication. I feel pretty sure Tesla can determine if the gearbox is overheating, is really low on lubrication, or having a problem with lubrication.

Reactions: buckets0fun

aerodyne

MS LR = Last Car?
Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
Hi all, I have a 2022 Model S plaid and since getting delivered in June it's had countless issues. Some of these issues were expected due to Teslas less than decent build quality but recently I have had this issue and even the service center couldn't explain it to me. About a month ago I got a notification on the dash saying "gearbox fluid service recommended." I scheduled an appointment with my local service center and dropped the car off. The car was there for over a week and they told me that there was a "wiring harness" that had to be replaced and that everything was good now. I was not satisfied with their explanation but was sick of my car being there for and extended period of time so I took my car and left. 2 days ago on my way home I received the same message on the dash saying the car needs a gearbox fluid service and now I really don't know what to do. Wondering if anyone on here has had this issue before.
What to do...my thoughts:

Review the public service manual and EPC.

Print out pertinent parts.

Find another service center, demand a loaner.

And last, as always with SvC, hope for the best, expect the worst.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC