Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S - rattle..Argh!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My August 2022 build Model S LR - has a rattle coming from the back seat on the driver's side. Not noticable when driving on a nice even road..but go over some slow speed bumps and there it is. At first, I noticed the seatbelt was lodged behind the rear seat which I was hoping this would cause the latching mechanism not to seat properly...thus causing the rattle....Nope still there. However, when a passenger is sitting in the rear driver's side no rattle. I have heard of owners fixing this issue by using "felt tape". Seems a little sketch but willing to try. I am wondering if anyone has any video on doing this or should I figutre this out by trial and error. I have requested a service appointment, which is about 20 days away with an "estimated cost" of $195..which for the time being I am choosing to ignore. Any insight or suggestions welcome.

@weleckid did you resolve the rattle? Please message me. Thanks
I did. It took a service appointment, and I showed them where i thought the rattle was coming from. From what i could surmise it was coming from the drivers back seat connection that is used to hold the seat when not laying flat. It has made the car so much more enjoyable to drive, especially with the round steering wheel. For me the round steering wheel was a great modification.

I had a rattle in both rear doors that Mobile service just fixed (late refresh 2022 Plaid). There is a spare wiring harness connector in the top of each door that just flops around inside the door card. Once it was taped up and secured both door rattles are gone. Originally I thought the rattle was coming from within the headliner.

I had a rattle in both rear doors that Mobile service just fixed (late refresh 2022 Plaid). There is a spare wiring harness connector in the top of each door that just flops around inside the door card. Once it was taped up and secured both door rattles are gone. Originally I thought the rattle was coming from within the headliner.
wow they just offered to fix that kind of rattle for you? i always get a hard time with those types of noise complaints

wow they just offered to fix that kind of rattle for you? i always get a hard time with those types of noise complaints
Just had them fix a rattle in the headliner and a chassis rattle (was the aero shield). They also corrected the alignment of my charge port door — it would occasionally get stuck.

No questions asked, all 3, fixed in a couple hours. They apologized for being out of loaners but offered Uber credits — no problem, I still have the Model 3 in my driveway. (Had a loaner last time, so it’s not nonsense — guy ahead of me got the last one.)

Not all service is terrible — it’s truly all about who’s running the show.

The only thing worse than Tesla Service is getting a refund from Tesla.
Ain't that the damn truth!!! They overcharged me $500 USD + tax when I got my MCU2 upgrade done, and it took over 12 months to have it credited. In that process, they said they had to refund the entire charge process the correct amount, but they ended up charging the wrong card so I had to have that refunded. I had been working with the manager at 2 different SC's to get it done (a SC in my state that had opened after the work was done, and the SC in another state that had screwed it up originally), and ended up having to speak with a regional manager to have it fixed. The SC who messed up was 300mi away so I couldn't just go in, and they never returned calls or followed through on any promises.