Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Sound System Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm rather disappointed in my 2022 Model S LR sound system and subjectively feel that something is wrong with it. It sounds dead and flat compared to the immersive experience I get when sitting in my 2020 Model Y LR. I've had several Tesla Technicians listen to it and they all say it sounds OK to them. Any suggestions on how to get it professionally evaluated by a third party?

I think I need find an audio testing sound track or something designed to isolate the different ranges and channels. Please advise..

Reactions: Leeclanual
I'm really dubious about this, to be honest. This is the first I've heard about it.

So I went to Northpark mall in Dallas yesterday to listen to the sound system in a 2023 MS demo. MF!! Bass was same as my 2021. So the service center was full of *sugar* when they said the bass was toned down in the newer ones and it’s normal. I’m so pissed they wouldn’t swap my subwoofer when it’s clear it’s not working. The demos bass was way better than my non-existent sub. So I’ll definitely be bringing this up at my appointment Thursday. The retail center jn the mall also said they hear a lot of bad things about the Dallas/Cedar Springs location. They supposedly have been known for cutting corners etc.

Upvote 0
So I went to Northpark mall in Dallas yesterday to listen to the sound system in a 2023 MS demo. MF!! Bass was same as my 2021. So the service center was full of *sugar* when they said the bass was toned down in the newer ones and it’s normal. I’m so pissed they wouldn’t swap my subwoofer when it’s clear it’s not working. The demos bass was way better than my non-existent sub. So I’ll definitely be bringing this up at my appointment Thursday. The retail center jn the mall also said they hear a lot of bad things about the Dallas/Cedar Springs location. They supposedly have been known for cutting corners etc.
That doesn't come as much surprise, to be honest... 😓 Good luck with the service appointment.

Reactions: Propofoln
Upvote 0