Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Sound System Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm rather disappointed in my 2022 Model S LR sound system and subjectively feel that something is wrong with it. It sounds dead and flat compared to the immersive experience I get when sitting in my 2020 Model Y LR. I've had several Tesla Technicians listen to it and they all say it sounds OK to them. Any suggestions on how to get it professionally evaluated by a third party?

I think I need find an audio testing sound track or something designed to isolate the different ranges and channels. Please advise..

Reactions: Leeclanual
Anyone have luck using active noise cancellation? It seems to do absolutely nothing in my plaid.
Leave it off. It’s junk, and often introduces weird howling/ thrumming sounds depending on the road. I suspect Tesla will remove the feature from new cars at some point as it’s fundamentally pointless in its implementation in these cars. Would love to have a chat with the engineering team that green-lit this. It’s hilariously broken.

Upvote 0
So I'm rather disappointed in my 2022 Model S LR sound system and subjectively feel that something is wrong with it. It sounds dead and flat compared to the immersive experience I get when sitting in my 2020 Model Y LR. I've had several Tesla Technicians listen to it and they all say it sounds OK to them. Any suggestions on how to get it professionally evaluated by a third party?

I think I need find an audio testing sound track or something designed to isolate the different ranges and channels. Please advise..
I feel the same about my 21’ MSLR compared to my wife’s 22 MYP. Especially since I retrofitted the Austin Parcel shelf in her car. Much richer sound compared to the S.

Upvote 0
E778257D-B546-481D-B69F-D08CE9462CFA.jpeg

Upvote 0
Yes it does. It’s not even close. And ANC (well, ARNR) doesn’t work, - just an fyi.

It used to not work for me, but a couple of updates ago, it absolutely positively works now to significantly reduce tire noise. It's very noticeable when I cycle the setting on and off at highway speeds when the radio volume is off.

I do have extremely good hearing, so that may be why some people don't think it works since the noises it cancels is outside of their hearing range.

Upvote 0
It used to not work for me, but a couple of updates ago, it absolutely positively works now to significantly reduce tire noise. It's very noticeable when I cycle the setting on and off at highway speeds when the radio volume is off.

I do have extremely good hearing, so that may be why some people don't think it works since the noises it cancels is outside of their hearing range.
Which software version are you on now? I will admit I’m only on 2022.7.20 since that’s the latest FSD branch.

Upvote 0