Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S vibration in foot pedal on new trips at 30-40mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is a weird one. My accelerator (foot pedal) vibrates when I first get to about 30mph when the car is on the first trip of the day or has sat for some hours and is moving out. It stops once I go over 45 and does not come back if I decelerate to 30 again. The car also makes a slight humming sound when this is occurring.

I chatted with Tesla service folks and they've only heard of something similar in the steering wheel and Model Xs, but at higher speeds.

I thought this might have to do with warming up, but other new Model S's do not experience this.

Does anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Arctic_White
No idea - but there is a whole thread on this that I missed until I posted this.

And Refreshed Model S and Plaid Vibration demographics

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
So this is a weird one. My accelerator (foot pedal) vibrates when I first get to about 30mph when the car is on the first trip of the day or has sat for some hours and is moving out. It stops once I go over 45 and does not come back if I decelerate to 30 again. The car also makes a slight humming sound when this is occurring.

I chatted with Tesla service folks and they've only heard of something similar in the steering wheel and Model Xs, but at higher speeds.

I thought this might have to do with warming up, but other new Model S's do not experience this.

Does anyone else experience this?
Yes. It impacts many Model S refresh.

Tesla says “within spec”…as expected. No fix coming for your $100K+ vehicle.

First time posting to this website since I just joined. I have really wanted a model S plaid since they came out with them. An absolutely gorgeous 22 was recently traded in at a local dealership so I decided to check the vehicle out. Unfortunately the vehicle only had 20% charge so I couldn’t take it for a very long test drive. What I didn’t notice on light acceleration for the first one to three minutes of driving was an absolutely horrendous vibration through the accelerator pedal the yolk and the floor pan of the vehicle. I never exceeded 45 miles an hour and the vibration did fade and go away completely but it was instantaneously noticeable as soon as you drive away with a vehicle. It may be a normal characteristic and I would have to assume as much considering how many people on multiple forums are complaining of the exact same issue. I would also assume that Tesla is well aware of it and either they can’t seem to come up with an easy fix for it or they don’t feel the issue is severe enough to justify a repair. I will say that if the car I drove didn’t have that vibration in it I would probably own that vehicle right now but it made me hesitate and do more research.

First time posting to this website since I just joined. I have really wanted a model S plaid since they came out with them. An absolutely gorgeous 22 was recently traded in at a local dealership so I decided to check the vehicle out. Unfortunately the vehicle only had 20% charge so I couldn’t take it for a very long test drive. What I didn’t notice on light acceleration for the first one to three minutes of driving was an absolutely horrendous vibration through the accelerator pedal the yolk and the floor pan of the vehicle. I never exceeded 45 miles an hour and the vibration did fade and go away completely but it was instantaneously noticeable as soon as you drive away with a vehicle. It may be a normal characteristic and I would have to assume as much considering how many people on multiple forums are complaining of the exact same issue. I would also assume that Tesla is well aware of it and either they can’t seem to come up with an easy fix for it or they don’t feel the issue is severe enough to justify a repair. I will say that if the car I drove didn’t have that vibration in it I would probably own that vehicle right now but it made me hesitate and do more research.
You dodged a bullet! Wish I could say the same.

Check out the MB EQS 450+ or 580. Less money, but better warranty and quality.