Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Winter Tire Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also been running the Vredestein Wintrac Pros this winter and love them so far. They are great on the snow and quiet on dry pavement. Being a performance winter tire, they handle so much better than the Michelin Xi3 I've run in years past. Excellent price, too.
i was looking at the quadtrac pro from vredstein..but discount tire doesnt carry this brand

Last edited:
I don't think the local Tesla shop has much incentive to sell you their winter set-up... they don't have them in stock anyway.

Shameless plug ;)... but i have a new square set of 20x10" TSF Tsportlines with Pirelli snows for sale which could solve this problem for someone. I decided i wasn't quite ready to get rid of my truck yet, so i'll be using that for winter purposes and just won't need these ones.

I don't think the local Tesla shop has much incentive to sell you their winter set-up... they don't have them in stock anyway.

Shameless plug ;)... but i have a new square set of 20x10" TSF Tsportlines with Pirelli snows for sale which could solve this problem for someone. I decided i wasn't quite ready to get rid of my truck yet, so i'll be using that for winter purposes and just won't need these ones.
How much and where are you located?

Still extremely frustrated on this situation. Have a 2021 MSLR here in Colorado and have had to keep it in the garage last two winters due to inability to find anything suitable in stock anywhere. Really regretting getting the 21’s.

Anybody in the Denver / CO Springs area had any luck?

Also curious how folks here are getting the wheels mentioned through Discount or Tire Rack, as they don’t seem to stock any of them out this way.

Still extremely frustrated on this situation. Have a 2021 MSLR here in Colorado and have had to keep it in the garage last two winters due to inability to find anything suitable in stock anywhere. Really regretting getting the 21’s.

Also curious how folks here are getting the wheels mentioned through Discount or Tire Rack, as they don’t seem to stock any of them out this way.

I had a local tire place do a lot of phone calls to find a set of the T0 marked Pirelli PZero Winters in 21". Expensive but so far worth it.

My set of 19X8.5 RIAL LUGANO OE CAP GRAPHITE SILVER wheels with four 255/45R-19 VREDESTEIN WINTRAC PRO XL from TireRack are great. Had them shipped to my house and installed them. They shipped from Reno and arrived in about a week. I've bought tires and wheels from TireRack a few times and always been pleased.

My set of 19X8.5 RIAL LUGANO OE CAP GRAPHITE SILVER wheels with four 255/45R-19 VREDESTEIN WINTRAC PRO XL from TireRack are great. Had them shipped to my house and installed them. They shipped from Reno and arrived in about a week. I've bought tires and wheels from TireRack a few times and always been pleased.
I have the exact same setup for winter and agree.... they have been great so far! We're getting about 4" of snow in the next few days, so that'll be the true test.

Reactions: back9

I am in Colorado and while yes it was a PITA to find some wheels/tires. Discount Tire took care of me as they always do. The wheels had to be ordered but were here in less than a week. Just go in and talk to them. Feel free to send me a PM if you want more details. I have posted my set up in a few places. Possibly in this thread too.

Reactions: ct101
Just to update: I didn’t realize Blu Mobile Tire was in CO - another poster had mentioned them. They told me they were able to get their hands on the last 4 Riial Lugano 19’s they could find this season, and are setting me up with the Vredestein tires. Have a mobile install appointment 1/6, so will update when I see how that goes. $2750 installed.

Tesla Colorado Springs on the other hand wanted $3000 just for the factory 19 rims - no tires, no TPMS - which is crazy considering when in stock on the website, they’re $2700 all said with winter tires and sensors.

Tesla is getting under my skin lately.. with the 2021 refresh 8gb steam debacle, and the fact that their service centers just get continuously worse.

I really want to like this car but the company gives me a continuously uneasy feeling, and I wish they would fix it.

Just updating.. Jen and Frank at Blu Mobile Tire are GREAT!! They’re former Tesla folks themselves - and man, Tesla could learn a lot from them.

Right on time, super quick, friendly, and thorough. Put on the Rial Lugano 19x8.5 and Vredestein Wintrac Pros and they work fantastic.

Problem solved! And Blu Mobile Tire HIGHLY recommended for anyone on the Front Range!

Attachments

• 2FA2E98D-B99F-4975-82D9-963D56F46B3D.jpeg
    2FA2E98D-B99F-4975-82D9-963D56F46B3D.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 79
I just went through this on my 2023 MSP. Spent hours upon hours reading, researching... in the end I pieced together the 19" set that Tesla was offering (but continually out of stock) on their website.. albeit considerably more money. 🤮

I found a set of new 19" Tempest wheels (staggered) on eBay that had been powder coated gloss black, picked up a set of used TP sensors also on eBay, and my local tire store was able to get me the Pirelli P Zero Winter Tesla OEM spec in the staggered sizes. Overall I'm very happy with the ride and appearance. As many have said the car does seem to ride better on the 19" setup vs the 21" setup.

**Full disclosure we have not had much snow here in Central Michigan since Christmas, so I have not had a chance to test the actual snow/winter capabilities. Will update soon, as it is snowing as I post this.

Wheels:
Front: 2x 19X9.5J ET40 Tesla Tempest Wheels (powder coated gloss black)
Rear: 2x 19X10.5J ET40 Tesla Tempest Wheels (powder coated gloss black)

Tires:

Front (2) 255/45R19 104V XL T0 TESLA PNCS ELECT P ZERO™ WINTER
Rear (2) 285/40R19 107V XL T0 TESLA PNCS ELECT P ZERO™ WINTER

Misc: 4 Used BLE tire pressure sensors

IMG_1018.jpeg

note: I had to really mess with the contrast settings to get the tires to show up in this pic.

And here is a closeup of one:

IMG_1019.jpeg

Reactions: Pricedm
I just went through this on my 2023 MSP. Spent hours upon hours reading, researching... in the end I pieced together the 19" set that Tesla was offering (but continually out of stock) on their website.. albeit considerably more money. 🤮

I found a set of new 19" Tempest wheels (staggered) on eBay that had been powder coated gloss black, picked up a set of used TP sensors also on eBay, and my local tire store was able to get me the Pirelli P Zero Winter Tesla OEM spec in the staggered sizes. Overall I'm very happy with the ride and appearance. As many have said the car does seem to ride better on the 19" setup vs the 21" setup.

**Full disclosure we have not had much snow here in Central Michigan since Christmas, so I have not had a chance to test the actual snow/winter capabilities. Will update soon, as it is snowing as I post this.

Wheels:
Front: 2x 19X9.5J ET40 Tesla Tempest Wheels (powder coated gloss black)
Rear: 2x 19X10.5J ET40 Tesla Tempest Wheels (powder coated gloss black)

Tires:

Front (2) 255/45R19 104V XL T0 TESLA PNCS ELECT P ZERO™ WINTER
Rear (2) 285/40R19 107V XL T0 TESLA PNCS ELECT P ZERO™ WINTER

Misc: 4 Used BLE tire pressure sensors

note: I had to really mess with the contrast settings to get the tires to show up in this pic.

And here is a closeup of one:
Those actually look pretty good in black. Nice work!