Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model SLR Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2022 MSLR 21” Wheels yesterday. I decided that I’ll take it for a spin , drove around 300 Miles. To prep, I charged the car to 100% overnight at home. It went up to 370 Miles. Tesla advertises that 100% charge for this car should be 405 Miles. I read some threads where they say you need to recalibrate the battery by draining it down to single digits. That’s insane if I need to do that on day 1. Anybody having a similar experience with the new Model S or the Plaid?

Just picked up my 2022 MSLR 21” Wheels yesterday. I decided that I’ll take it for a spin , drove around 300 Miles. To prep, I charged the car to 100% overnight at home. It went up to 370 Miles. Tesla advertises that 100% charge for this car should be 405 Miles. I read some threads where they say you need to recalibrate the battery by draining it down to single digits. That’s insane if I need to do that on day 1. Anybody having a similar experience with the new Model S or the Plaid?
Ummmm…you’re never getting that claimed 405 miles unless you are going down a straight and level road, no headwind, 70 degree ambient temp, going 60mph the entire time.

Is this your first EV?

Also, charging the car to 100% and letting it sit overnight is terrible for the battery. Set your charge level between 80-90% max.

Upvote 0
Ummmm…you’re never getting that claimed 405 miles unless you are going down a straight and level road, no headwind, 70 degree ambient temp, going 60mph the entire time.

Is this your first EV?

Also, charging the car to 100% and letting it sit overnight is terrible for the battery. Set your charge level between 80-90% max.
Not my first EV mate…traded in a 2020 M3LR for this. The claimed 100% charge on that was 320 and I saw 320 day 1 and then over the years it started going down and 100% was down to 300 by the time I traded it in. Tesla advertises 405 Miles EPA on a 100% charge. Of course I’m not stupid to expect 405 miles. With my driving I’ll be happy to get 270 out of it..but on my screen, when I charge to a 100% , I need to see 405, not 370.

I keep my battery at 80% charge. Only go up to 100% when I travel long distance (As Recommended by Tesla)

Upvote 0
Not my first EV mate…traded in a 2020 M3LR for this. The claimed 100% charge on that was 320 and I saw 320 day 1 and then over the years it started going down and 100% was down to 300 by the time I traded it in. Tesla advertises 405 Miles EPA on a 100% charge. Of course I’m not stupid to expect 405 miles. With my driving I’ll be happy to get 270 out of it..but on my screen, when I charge to a 100% , I need to see 405, not 370.

I keep my battery at 80% charge. Only go up to 100% when I travel long distance (As Recommended by Tesla)
Your post wasn’t very clear. When you say “it went up to 370 miles”, it implies that’s how far you were able to drive. Not that it was the number displayed on the screen.

In any case, that number is just an estimate and has no impact on the range you are actually going to get. It should correct itself based on battery balancing/driving habits. Unless there is something REALLY out of whack with your available battery capacity. But I would think you would be popping a bunch of error codes in that case.

Upvote 0
You have 21” wheels. 405 is for 19” wheels. You should have seen 375 though. If this isn’t your first Tesla you should know that ;) It’s crystal clear when ordering. Same is true on Model 3’s,Y’s,X’s. Wheels/Tires matter a lot and the car knows what you have.

It’s not just the wheel size it’s the tire they put with that wheel size.

My car shows 405 on the button the first time I charged to 100%. And I’m getting better that EPA (230 wh/mi) in summer driving.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
You have 21” wheels. 405 is for 19” wheels. You should have seen 375 though. If this isn’t your first Tesla you should know that ;) It’s crystal clear when ordering. Same is true on Model 3’s,Y’s,X’s. Wheels/Tires matter a lot and the car knows what you have.

It’s not just the wheel size it’s the tire they put with that wheel size.

My car shows 405 on the button the first time I charged to 100%. And I’m getting better that EPA (230 wh/mi) in summer driving.
Those sneaky bastards. I swear to god, when I ordered last September , 19” wheels had 430 and 21” wheels had 405. I just looked ..now 19” has 405 and 21” has 375. Maybe I was just hallucinating 😢

Upvote 0