Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X - in Service for nearly 30 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So are you saying I have to opt out both times or can I opt out just after delivery and be okay?

I haven't really looked thoroughly into it and, with the disclaimer that this is not legal advice, you should not rely upon it, and no attorney-client relationship is ever in place -- I am just opting out after delivery -- the initial order agreement only involves $100 for me and issues prior to delivery. The biggest opt-out is for the MVPA which I consider to be a separate legal agreement with separate issues subject to arbitration. So each opt out involves opting out for different contract disputes. You can't opt out of the purchase agreement until you're presented with a VIN and agreement to sign. The 30 day opt out starts the day you sign.

Frankly, I have experience with litigation and arbitration and, if Tesla is willing to pay the inflated arbitrator fees, it isn't that bad of a deal. The arbitrators are usually retired judges and do the arb gig for easy money. I would be a little concerned about ethical issues since lots of people own/trade $TSLA and might be unduly influenced one way or another.

• Helpful
Reactions: Epradox
So are you saying I have to opt out both times or can I opt out just after delivery and be okay?
Both times to be 100% covered. But there is an argument to be made that opting out post-delivery is all that is required.

I’ve only ever opted out post-delivery with all 4 Tesla vehicles I’ve owned. And the one time I had to use it, we did not go through arbitration. YMMV.

Both times to be 100% covered. But there is an argument to be made that opting out post-delivery is all that is required.

I’ve only ever opted out post-delivery with all 4 Tesla vehicles I’ve owned. And the one time I had to use it, we did not go through arbitration. YMMV.
good to know thanks, im past the order date time line but will remember to do it post delivery.