Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X Long Range Winter Tire Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just moved back to Colorado with my 2022 Model X Long Range and wondering what winter tires I should get. I have the 22" tires that I purchased with the car and having a tough time finding reasonable (to me ~$2,500 not reasonable) 22" tires as it seems they are hard to find. Thinking of going down to 20" wheel & tires and possibly non-staggered. I have seen a couple of older threads, but would like to get the most educated suggestion and implications on car setup and distance.

20" or 22"
staggered or non-staggered
P265, P275, or P285 (staggered)

Talking to a buddy, the suggestion is to go P275 non-staggered.

Reactions: Cildein
Just moved back to Colorado with my 2022 Model X Long Range and wondering what winter tires I should get. I have the 22" tires that I purchased with the car and having a tough time finding reasonable (to me ~$2,500 not reasonable) 22" tires as it seems they are hard to find. Thinking of going down to 20" wheel & tires and possibly non-staggered. I have seen a couple of older threads, but would like to get the most educated suggestion and implications on car setup and distance.

20" or 22"
staggered or non-staggered
P265, P275, or P285 (staggered)

Talking to a buddy, the suggestion is to go P275 non-staggered.

You're in CO, so I'd imagine you get actual snow unlike where I live. Narrow is better in snow. 265 square is what I would do. If you buy 20" square, make sure your front wheels clear.

Upvote 0
I'm current riding on 20" Slipstreams (staggered) on my '22 LR MX refresh. No issues with brake clearance or fitment. Winter tires are Michelin X-ice (265f / 275r - oem tire size).

This doesn't bother me much, but the only issue I've experienced is that the new car doesn't recognize the TPMS monitors on this "older" set of wheels.

Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 0
I'd get a second set of wheels (19's or 20's) and put TPMS in them, and keep them in the garage. It will save you money and hassle on changes (not taking the tire off the wheel twice a year) and the tires are less expensive while lasting longer. On my Model S I just swapped them out myself in my garage.

On my X I got the 20's with all-seasons and hoping I can get the winter performance I need out of them. I'm in Utah, so similar snow conditions.

Upvote 0