Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X owners - do you hear this noise too?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I uploaded a video to YouTube. Can you please tell me if you hear this too? Model X interior hum

Every time I am sitting in the car in complete silence, there is an overpowering humming sound coming from behind the center display. It’s really loud (to me at least) and all I can notice. I can mute the sound a bit if I cover the vent below the display, but even then it’s still noticeable.

I’ve already had the service center look into this once and they claim all other refreshed Model X/S vehicles sound just like mine. I guess I’m just looking to confirm if this is true. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: AW9nineteen
I uploaded a video to YouTube. Can you please tell me if you hear this too? Model X interior hum

Every time I am sitting in the car in complete silence, there is an overpowering humming sound coming from behind the center display. It’s really loud (to me at least) and all I can notice. I can mute the sound a bit if I cover the vent below the display, but even then it’s still noticeable.

I’ve already had the service center look into this once and they claim all other refreshed Model X/S vehicles sound just like mine. I guess I’m just looking to confirm if this is true. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I just checked, 2022 MX LR, has the same humming noise from that vent/port.
That port/vent is for the Cabin Temp Sensor and there is a fan (with humming noise) that constantly blows/suck air there...see yellow arrow pointing to fan.

Attachments

• Cabin Temp Sensor Fan - 2022+ Model X.jpg
    Cabin Temp Sensor Fan - 2022+ Model X.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 176