Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X (Plaid) Energy Graph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks for posting. I’ll test it out. Been missing this.

I always wondered how people determined whether they are encountering head winds or tail winds.... Does windfinder tell you which direction the wind is going in relative to your direction? or just wind speeds, etc?

I haven't been able to test it on the new refresh, but you can use my site, www.teslawinds.com.

There is some additional help with the API keys if you need it in the thread:

• Love
Reactions: scottf200 and JER85
Just picked up my 2022 X LR. Very disappointed in the lack of ability to customize the instrument cluster. I used that extensively in my last 2 X's! I think it's a SAFETY issue as well...having to take my eyes off the road to change things I can't seem to find voice commands for.

Granted...I just picked it up yesterday, but haven't found reliable voice commands to control things like fan speed, airflow redirection, clock, etc.

Granted...I just picked it up yesterday, but haven't found reliable voice commands to control things like fan speed, airflow redirection, clock, etc.
V11 Tesla Voice Commands

Just picked up my 2022 X LR. Very disappointed in the lack of ability to customize the instrument cluster. I used that extensively in my last 2 X's! I think it's a SAFETY issue as well...having to take my eyes off the road to change things I can't seem to find voice commands for.

I'm pretty convinced that the software in the refreshed X and S is not completed. They threw it together to get the minimum functionality to ship the vehicle, but there's tons of stuff missing:

• No instrument panel customization
  • No favorites for any audio sources
  • No energy graph selector in the UI (energy graph is apparently in there, but needs voice command to access, and isn't fully functional - instantaneous range doesn't work)
  • No progress/play bar for music playback
  • Very odd user interface anomalies. Example: if music is playing in the small window in the lower left of the center screen, you can't move it. But swipe up on it to expand it to the medium size, then you can move it to the right hand side, then swipe down to collapse it again to the small window. Why? Why can't you just move the small window over to the right?
  • Homelink prompt appears directly over the side view backup cameras. You then have to swipe down on it to clear it out of the way so you can see the cameras -- I have to do it EVERY TIME to back into my driveway.

Zero quality control from Tesla. Absolutely zero. As in none. As in, the programmer finished the code, and NO ONE TRIED IT AT ALL before they shipped the vehicle with it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's SAFETY issue because Model 3 and Y don't have it.
However, I do understand people don't like the way they took off somethings that were available. Buy anyway, it is just software and hope it will be back oneday soon.

You can even just say “Energy”.

I seem to have the best luck with using just that one word voice command.
Hi, I was looking for info on the energy graph or instant energy consumption readout. I just picked up my 2022 Model X Plaid on June 30. Lots to like and lots to dislike, but that’s for another thread.

As for the energy graph…They just removed this shortcut as of yesterday in the newest software uodate 2022.20.5 no longer available and no way to get to it now.

Someone @ Tesla needs to get this stuff resolved. This car needs to utilize this IC and screen in a better fashion. There is little to no customization and it’s very frustrating for a vehicle of this caliber.

I suspect the energy graph is not finished yet. It’s missing predicted range and some other things I’ve seen on older photos of the energy display.

Ultimately I use the average Wh/mi info in the trips display the most. But it was educational monitoring the energy graph while learning this new transportation technology.

The biggest lesson was how incredibly much energy the cooling system can use on a very hot afternoon If you are driving slowly or parked. Pretty crazy - plugged into a wall charger at a Tesla SC and seeing the charging rate drop from 30 mi/h down to 4 mi/h because it trying to keep the cabin cool and the fans are running like crazy. Somehow not an issue driving at highway speeds.

Last edited:
I suspect the energy graph is not finished yet. It’s missing predicted range and some other things I’ve seen on older photos of the energy display.

Ultimately I use the average Wh/mi info in the trips display the most. But it was educational monitoring the energy graph while learning this new transportation technology.
The predicted range has been incredibly useful to many which can be compared to the built-in nav Estimated miles to destination. Really helps reduce range anxiety for passengers and the driver if you are cutting it close (winter, skipping Superchargers, etc).
Common tip: How to accurately predict range in a Tesla

Last edited:
Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Maybe someone needs to Tweet Elon about this. That seems to be about the only way anything gets done. :(
(for all I know a bazillion people have done this already, I rarely look at Twitter)
Bruce.
22.20.5 also took out all of my FSD. No longer mentioned in the additional features list. I have an SC appointment in a couple of days. I will be mentioning whining about it then, for sure. Appointment is for a wheel alignment due to what I think is excessive energy consumption, of course now I can no longer look at my energy usage. I guess that is one way to eliminate the problem, just cover it up by removing the instrument. What a hot mess!

My graph worked today, “Show Energy” was all it took. However, I have no idea how to use the graph?
Do you have the new software version 2022.20.5? That’s the version people are reporting that the “show energy” voice command no longer works.

The energy graph shows your energy consumption per mile traveled. It can show the energy use over the last 5, 15 and 30 miles traveled. It also calculates the average energy use in Wh/mi over that distance. You can compare that to the EPA ratings which for the Tesla 2022 Model X LR are 315 Wh/mi for city driving and 347 Wh/mi for highway driving (combined is 330).

There is also a Trip graph that shows the predicted energy use in terms of % charge remaining over the next leg of your trip once you set up a route. This is a colored line that shows green for above 20% charge, yellow for below 20% and red for below 10%. Once you are driving, a gray line (if visible) will show how you are deviating from that prediction. If it’s above, you are doing better than predicted.

So it’s useful real-time information which is why folks get annoyed when it’s not available.

You can still see your vehicle average energy consumption over longer periods of time in the Trips display from the controls (car) menu. This shows energy consumption in Wh/mi for the most recent leg of a trip, since the last charge, and for Trip A and Trip B which can be renamed reset to 0 as desired. No graphs, just the average number.

22.20.5 also took out all of my FSD. No longer mentioned in the additional features list. I have an SC appointment in a couple of days. I will be mentioning whining about it then, for sure. Appointment is for a wheel alignment due to what I think is excessive energy consumption, of course now I can no longer look at my energy usage. I guess that is one way to eliminate the problem, just cover it up by removing the instrument. What a hot mess!
Hi, what do you mean by “wheel alignment due to what I think is excessive energy consumption”?

I had to get an alignment also as my 22 X started to randomly vibrate above 125km/h and I also noticed excessive energy usage for all kinds of trips. Ie 30-50% more than it should have used.