Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X (Plaid) Energy Graph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, and happy new year.

Today I took delivery of my brand new 2022 Model X Plaid. This is my 3rd Model X and my 7th Tesla, so I'm reasonably familiar with these cars.

However, I feel I'm a bit lost (and not just because of the Yoke ;)
-Does anyone know where the energy graphs are? Even my 2021 Model 3 (on the latest software) has the energy graph. I can't for the life of me find it in the X.
-Does anyone know if you can change/modify/customize the dashboard LCD (like we used to be able to do)? It seems fixed to navigation on the left and speed on the right. Am I missing something?
-Finally, I know that 'trip cards' went away with the latest software updates. Does anyone know if the X (or the S) have ways to bring live 'trip cards' so that we can track distance, time, wh/mi, total kwhr usage without having to dive into the menu and bring up Trip (which takes over the ENTIRE display and thus loose navigation)?

Thanks all,

Mark

It's been removed on the refresh. Lots of complaints in the S forum about it. I Iive by the energy graph on the left side of the instrument cluster. It's how I maximize wh/mile by coasting without regen. The graph shows me exactly when I'm not using power or regenerating.

This is one of those things that if it isn't back by the time my order comes up I might decline to accept my order and just forfeit the order fee.

Jeez, I figured they had simply dumped the Energy App in v.11... But you can confirm that all models retained the Energy App display graph, except the refresh (2022) Models S and X? Can you point me to confirmation of this? Thanks.

(...if so, flabbergasted I am)
Yeah, you can find lots of articles, videos, and screenshots showing the Energy App among the 3/Y folks. Here's an example photo from a Model 3 running v11. Energy is in the top row:

1642284401925.png

Similarly for legacy Model S/X:

1642284982005.png

Last edited:
To be honest, I barely look at energy graph but I look at pass 30mil energy more often

That's the same app. Its gone in refresh. I use it all the time in my S. Not looking forward to losing that AND other backwards stuff that only benefits Tesla (Goodbye stalks, round wheel, leather seats, and no proper insulation such that I turn off my resistance heater and my car is 30F cooler after a half mile or 1 minute whichever comes first). So I guess you win some and lose some but the losing part is bizarre because mostly it is unforced errors.

Tesla's had nearly a year now of shipping the MS refresh, and it hasn't filled in the missing feature gaps, like the Energy app and a better / more configurable instrument cluster. My working theory was that it was going to drop the Energy app from all cars, starting with v11. But that's not the case. Additionally, other brand new cars being sold (i.e. the 3/Y) still have the app, so it's not an "all new cars starting now" type deal, either.

It's just baffling.

Sorry bud, you're 0 for 3 lol.... Tesla got rid of all those in the refreshed X/S.... I think they just want you to enjoy the drive and stop worrying about monitoring energy usage.... Hopefully enough people complain and they bring it back..... This 2022 model X is my first Tesla ever so I can't relate to the energy graph mystique..... Just show me my percentage remaining and where I have to stop and charge, I think that's all I need.

Sorry bud, you're 0 for 3 lol.... Tesla got rid of all those in the refreshed X/S.... I think they just want you to enjoy the drive and stop worrying about monitoring energy usage.... Hopefully enough people complain and they bring it back..... This 2022 model X is my first Tesla ever so I can't relate to the energy graph mystique..... Just show me my percentage remaining and where I have to stop and charge, I think that's all I need.

You haven't taken enough long road trips. That data is critical to knowing if you need to decrease your speed to stretch the range out or speed up because that tail wind is improving your efficiency. The wh/mile average over the last 5/15/30, since charge, and since start of trip are tools that many of us used to manage our range.