Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X Plaid Won't Connect to Garage Door Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I searched and found a few older threads on this, but couldn't quite get an answer on this. We just took delivery of our 22 X Plaid and can't get our garage door opener to connect to the homelink. I tried the tricks like open the frunk and hold the remote in the frunk, point it at lower bumper, top of bumper, etc etc. No matter what, it won't connect to the remote and the remote times out after around 25 seconds (light on remote stops blinking). Why is it so difficult to connect this car to Homelink!? Any tips or recommendations on what to do?

I believe it's a LiftMaster 8550 (it's less than a year old, has the MyQ WiFi stuff and all the new garage door tech)
Yep, probably too new. My 15 year old Liftmaster works perfectly. Check with with your garage door operator vendor for any special requirements to work with HomeLink devices. HomeLink is used in many manufacturers vehicles, nothing special about Tesla's implementation. I start the sequence inside the car, then get out and stand in front of the car, press handheld the garage remote button until the lights flash, and done. I did not have to touch the operator at all (which is good, because my operator is fourteen feet above the floor).