Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X: Recently driver's side doors won't swing open in garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model X for about a month. Previously all the doors opened just fine in my garage; to be clear I set the Falcon wing doors to "open fully at this location", since they would not open all the way at first. But recently (perhaps since updating to 2022.40.0.5?) the driver's side doors (front and rear) won't swing open when I park head-in in my garage. The falcon wing door opens about half way, mostly up, but won't swing out. It seems to completely ignore the "open fully" setting. The Driver's door doesn't swing at all, it just pops open.

Outside the garage all the doors seem to work fine. And, as I said, they used to work fine inside as well. Interestingly if I park the other way around, with the back of the car in first, all the doors seem to work ok, meaning the passenger side doors open all the way in the same space that the driver doors would be on.

The little popup window that shows the sensor (or maybe vision) status is pretty inconsistent. It goes back and forth between a gray and red detection state, but it shows this on *both* sides of the car. In other words I don't see any sort of clear reason why the driver's side doors won't open.

Could it be some kind of electrical interference? Any other thoughts?

TIA