Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X ultra white seats puncture.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new Model X with less than 400 miles and 3 weeks of ownership has a puncture hole in the ultra white perforated seats. It appears that the small loop on a zipper on my back pocket went into the perforation and made a small tear. I have never had a tear in any of my cars...it seems to not be very durable to tear so easily. I have submitted a message to the SC but they say they will have to look at it to see if it will be warranty covered. I saw earlier posts that mention easy tears and a tread in which Mr. Musk said that it will be fixed that the backing was not properly adhering to the seat material and resulting in easy tears.

Attachments

• IMG_5718.jpg
    IMG_5718.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_5716.jpg
    IMG_5716.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5717.jpg
    IMG_5717.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Informative
Reactions: jiehan
damn! i'm sorry to see that. i had a similar issue with an audi s5 i ha with white seats years ago but it was more of the "rip" and not the "puncture". i recently had a "tear" in my steering wheel and when i scheduled an appointment with Tesla they replaced the entire steering wheel with a new more durable one NO ISSUES at all. honestly i've had a great service experience so far (i know that's not always the case). keep us updated...i hope they fix this issue. on a positive note, it's good that this happened so early on, if it happened months from now (or a year from now) they probably would just put it on you.

My new Model X with less than 400 miles and 3 weeks of ownership has a puncture hole in the ultra white perforated seats. It appears that the small loop on a zipper on my back pocket went into the perforation and made a small tear. I have never had a tear in any of my cars...it seems to not be very durable to tear so easily. I have submitted a message to the SC but they say they will have to look at it to see if it will be warranty covered. I saw earlier posts that mention easy tears and a tread in which Mr. Musk said that it will be fixed that the backing was not properly adhering to the seat material and resulting in easy tears.

I've had the exact same issue, model X, both front seats.