Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y -- Do I have lithium ion battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(1) Someone stated that we could use an Amp/Volt meter to measure one of its outlets, if it's 15v then it's a new battery technology
(2) You could remove the plastic top in the frunk and U should be able to tell
(3) Somewhere I read that all Tesla delivered after April 2022 have new battery technology.
I am still waiting for my MYLR so I don't know

P.S. There are no 15.5 compressors available. However, it is possible the the cigar lighter sockets still provide 12V.
Elon's boys and girls are surely bright enough to have this issue covered.
Has anyone connected a Bluetooth 12V Battery Monitor to the new 15.5V battery? The voltage operational range of the monitor is 9-16VDC. The charging voltage of the new battery could be more than 16V? The charging voltage for my lead acid is around 14.5V. I have one installed on my lead acid 12V battery and it gives me a LOT of information about what the car is doing or not doing. BTW, the max current draw of the battery monitor is 1.5ma nothing compared to the at least 500ma my Model 3 draws while sleeping.

But they don’t.
Source?

Regarding whether an electronic item will work in a ‘12V’ power port that gives more than 12V, most devices now have electronic power supplies that can accommodate a range of input voltages so it’s very possible that it will work but by no means guaranteed. If the ports are indeed higher than 12 V, Tesla is one of the few (If not the only) maker that has such ports so it‘s extremely unlikely that anyone would have directly considered that in their product design.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Here’s one report from the S forum:

They’re definitely above typical voltage.

Reactions: sleepydoc