Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y range on screen after a charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m curious if people actually are seeing the 330 miles for charge on the MY LR with 19” wheels? Mine is a 2021 with a production date of 10/21…about 1 week before the VIN changed over to 2022. I charge to 90% and my range is usually at 295 miles give or take a mile. If I slide the slider to 100%, I will see around 326 miles. I have almost 5000 miles on it so far and nothing has changed.

That's incorrect. The range display is not a GOM. I cannot believe people who own these cars still believe this falsehood.
Yep. This is from an older revision on the owner's manual which has since been removed since Tesla wants to keep all the information as vague as possible, for some odd reason.

The main UI display is simply the EPA rated range (miles per kWh) times Nominal Battery Pack Remaining, so something like 75 kWh times 4.34 miles per kWh equals.... 325.5 miles.
1640095296707.png

Yep. This is from an older revision on the owner's manual which has since been removed since Tesla wants to keep all the information as vague as possible, for some odd reason.

The main UI display is simply the EPA rated range (miles per kWh) times Nominal Battery Pack Remaining, so something like 75 kWh times 4.34 miles per kWh equals.... 325.5 miles.
View attachment 746605
It's still there, same verbiage. It's easier for folks to just post here without searching either the forum or the OM, as we know. I mean, the forum even highlights similar threads below a new post....

Reactions: pt19713
It's still there, same verbiage. It's easier for folks to just post here without searching either the forum or the OM, as we know. I mean, the forum even highlights similar threads below a new post....
Ah, you're right. Page 69.
rev 2021.36
I know I looked at this 2 months ago and the verbiage was different, though.

Edit: It appears the 2020 owner's manual does not have the verbiage, the 2021 and 2022 does. Here's the 2020:
1640103933167.png

I found the Energy screen to be the most useful on my cross country trip in September. I had Nav set to my 'final' destination so the SCs were all in the queue. The Energy 'Trip' screen was what I checked most to reassure that I was on nominal consumption rate to the next SC. Never cared about how many miles were left 'in the tank', just what the SOC was at arrival at the next SC. Ther trip was pretty much an 80mph FSD trip. Lotsa fun. Gonna do it again next month.

Reactions: Thp3 and pt19713
And still no one has posted an answer! Lol!
Some will see the EPA rating at a full charge, some won't. On my 2021 MYP I was showing 303 miles at 100% which is what the EPA rating is. At ~10,000 miles I was seeing ~297 miles. I sold the car and now have a 2022 MYP. I have yet to charge to 100%. This is the same concept as MYLR. The more miles you have on the car the likelihood of a lower reading at 100% charge.

Last edited:
So I’m curious if people actually are seeing the 330 miles for charge on the MY LR with 19” wheels? Mine is a 2021 with a production date of 10/21…about 1 week before the VIN changed over to 2022. I charge to 90% and my range is usually at 295 miles give or take a mile. If I slide the slider to 100%, I will see around 326 miles. I have almost 5000 miles on it so far and nothing has changed.
Projected 329 miles EPA at 100% SoC
August built 2021 LR AWD Y
19 Geminis 7 seater

This was taken at about 500 miles on odometer back in September 24.

Screenshot_20220105-010656_Gallery.jpg