Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 model y rear driver seat rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the identical problem a month ago. Car rental cost me $185 and still no reimbursement. Reading this forum, I discovered wrapping adhesive Velcro or other thick tape fixes it. See my fix, no rattle ! This could have been repaired by roadside service in 5 minutes. Why don't service centers read TMC?

Seat rattle fix.jpg

I had the identical problem a month ago. Car rental cost me $185 and still no reimbursement. Reading this forum, I discovered wrapping adhesive Velcro or other thick tape fixes it. See my fix, no rattle ! This could have been repaired by roadside service in 5 minutes. Why don't service centers read TMC?

View attachment 788127
Could you please zoom out to show which part is this? I have a similar rattle and cannot tell from this picture which part you wrapped. Thanks!

Finally found the source of intermittent rattle noise from my 3 week old MYP. Tried adjusting rear hatch knobs, moved seat belts around, and added cushion between the belt buckle clips, but was still getting that rattle on bumps or little rougher roads. Today I folded the middle rear seat and tapped on it and heard the same rattle noise. I drove 40 miles to work with the rear driver side and middle seat folded and didn’t hear any rattle. I then moved the seat to upright position and could hear the rattle only if I hit bigger bumps otherwise none. But I move the seat to recline I hear a lot. Got an appointment tomorrow for fixing panel gaps so wil check with the SC about the middle seat. Happy that I finally found it and don’t mind driving with the folded seat till the SC fixes it

After 7th visit, i finally gave up

got my friend who is a bmw tech to rip apart the back of the seat, we added foams and felt tape to every single clip.
all the rattles are gone

however today i got a very small new rattle, i suspect its coming from the rear middle seat, we will have to figure out how to take apart the back as it has a latch. so its a bit different

After 7th visit, i finally gave up

got my friend who is a bmw tech to rip apart the back of the seat, we added foams and felt tape to every single clip.
all the rattles are gone

however today i got a very small new rattle, i suspect its coming from the rear middle seat, we will have to figure out how to take apart the back as it has a latch. so its a bit different
To figure out how to remove the back of rear middle seat, look at tesla service manuals. They are free now. Google it and you will find link to signup for access.

View attachment 788127
There is no such latch on Model Y. At least I can't find it.