Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y Reservation - Immediate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2022 MSM, 20" inductions. VIN assigned. Pickup in Burbank, CA. Asking $1k = $750 + $250 order feee

1646858045751.png

I have the exact same question and can't seem to figure it out. We totally messed up in our internal transfer (my cousin put it on his card and didn't realize Tesla makes it difficult to transfer) and he put his driver's license down and the Tesla store near us has been less than helpful.

No one is making money in our transfer and it's between family but we can't figure out how to change the registrant's name and info. We have a deliver date scheduled for next week. Any advice would be hugely appreciated so this can go smoothly.
ICan you please explain how the reservation transfer process works? thanks

Reactions: voxel
I have the exact same question and can't seem to figure it out. We totally messed up in our internal transfer (my cousin put it on his card and didn't realize Tesla makes it difficult to transfer) and he put his driver's license down and the Tesla store near us has been less than helpful.

No one is making money in our transfer and it's between family but we can't figure out how to change the registrant's name and info. We have a deliver date scheduled for next week. Any advice would be hugely appreciated so this can go smoothly.
I'm having the worst time transferring too and I'm not making a dime. My SA has been MIA and finally I showed at a center to get another SA to ping my SA and he responds once and never again.

I've had great dealings with other SAs but not this one.

SAs are a hit and miss -- I had a friend do a smooth transfer with a three way teleconference (buyer seller and SA). And the same friend before that tried talking to a SA who acted like he ran Tesla and thought we were stealing his car 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: voxel
It was easy with no SA involvement, primarily because 1) I did not enter any registration information and 2) I was okay with exposing my account to the buyer. I don't have any "active" Tesla products in my Tesla account. Once delivery takes place (which is most likely this weekend), I will transfer the Y to the buyer's Tesla account (just like when you sell a car). If you entered registration information, you will need to find an accommodating SA who will force reset that field (it's doable). Now, for situations where you want to change delivery location (FL to WA), that will be hard, but like I said, an SA can do it on the back-end.

It was easy with no SA involvement, primarily because 1) I did not enter any registration information and 2) I was okay with exposing my account to the buyer. I don't have any "active" Tesla products in my Tesla account. Once delivery takes place (which is most likely this weekend), I will transfer the Y to the buyer's Tesla account (just like when you sell a car). If you entered registration information, you will need to find an accommodating SA who will force reset that field (it's doable). Now, for situations where you want to change delivery location (FL to WA), that will be hard, but like I said, an SA can do it on the back-end.

I mostly finished a transfer and it was pulling teeth. Once you enter registration info and delivery location... SAs aren't always accommodating. My SA was MIA for weeks. Had to hunt him down via another SA at the Orlando SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.