Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model Y shipping from the US to Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should move to Germany for work next spring for work.
I’d like to ship my Model Y to Germany

I saw a lot of discussion on here and those are before 2021.

Anyone shipped model Y to Europe recently? Any advise for shipping for avoid damage?

Tesla warranty still work in Europe?

Do I need buy other charging plug for supercharger? Or I will be good with CCS adapter from mobile connector?

Schuko adapter with mobile connector will charge approximately 5miles per hours at home? Any other option for fast charging at home? Because probably I can’t install charger at rented home or apt.

Please help me out with up to date information.
I appreciate all your help

Also, navigation still don’t work without modification?

Are they have any app showing like Tesla navigation which calculate when and where to charge and how long it will take charging each stop?

Rough estimate of modification cost?

For DC fast charging (either 3rd party or Superchargers) will need a US Tesla connector to CCS2 adapter, but those are available from several sellers (Europe has a different CCS connector than the US).

For your moble connector, something like this would be helpful:

For Level 2 charging, you may have to stack one of these with your J1772 adaptor (unless you can find a Mennekes to Tesla adapter):

Also, in Europe it is standard to have to bring your own charging cable for Level 2.

For DC fast charging (either 3rd party or Superchargers) will need a US Tesla connector to CCS2 adapter, but those are available from several sellers (Europe has a different CCS connector than the US).

For your moble connector, something like this would be helpful:

For Level 2 charging, you may have to stack one of these with your J1772 adaptor (unless you can find a Mennekes to Tesla adapter):

Also, in Europe it is standard to have to bring your own charging cable for Level 2.
I appreciate it your response
I just want to clarify
Schuko plug going to wall and this mobile connector.

Do I need another cable instead of this when I try to charging at home outlet in Europe??

Attachments

• 9B12621C-C563-49F4-B504-9A7867469F94.jpeg
    9B12621C-C563-49F4-B504-9A7867469F94.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 86